5.0 out of 5 stars An Utter Triumph
The book arrived in the most beautiful envelope, adorned with the cryptic phrase "Amazon.co.uk".
The pages inside are of the utmost quality, each page feels like a velvet whisper on the tips of my fingers.

I have read all previous books in this series, and am intrigued by the continuing narrative of the main characters.
I look forward to the next...
Published 17 months ago by J. Osey

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough about the camel
A reasonable general reference tome, but lacking in the full depth of knowledge that good camel husbandry requires. A more complete, and humourous, alternative would be "Notes on camel management"; compiled in the Q.M.G.'s Branch, A.H.Q., India (published Calcutta, 1924, no ISBN, available on loan from the British Library).
Published 17 months ago by rossrossross

5.0 out of 5 stars An Utter Triumph, 27 Nov. 2013
J. Osey (soton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe (Hardcover)

I look forward to the next chapter of their exciting lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Appallingly bad taste ....., 10 Dec. 2013
Stephen Midgley (Tarbrax, West Calder, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe (Hardcover)
..... that's what you'll need in order to appreciate this hilarious 2013 collection of "Viz" best bits, and I'm proud to own up to being in agreement with all the other tasteless, mostly 5-star reviewers on this product page. Our favourite characters are all here - the Fat Slags, Sid the Sexist, Johnny Fartpants, Meddlesome Ratbag, Major Misunderstanding, and many others to remind us of our friends and neighbours. There are highly entertaining take-offs of movie stars and other celebs, tabloid letters pages, Jane Austen costume dramas, royalty, the church and a thousand other aspects of life, whether ridiculous already or simply made so in these pages.

Nor is there any escape for those in power, or for those who would so much like to be such as certain well-known terrorist organisations. There are hours of fun here, innocent, satirical and smutty - most commonly the latter of course - and many of its 160 pages had me in stitches. That's a lot more than I can say for most of the other items I usually cover in reviews - but then, since my usual subjects are renaissance and baroque music, with the occasional book on military history or true crime thrown in, I suppose that's not surprising. My favourite item? - p.82-83, but I'd be prepared to consider other commentators' suggestions.

Altogether, brilliantly disrespectful fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it!, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe (Hardcover)
I'm a lifelong VIZ fan and while it may not be as funny as it used to be, it is a British institution that should continue for as long as possible. I'm a paid subscriber of the 10 editions a year print copy but I always but the annual to complete my collection of VIZ annuals that sit proudly on my bookshelf (I just wish the publishers maintained a consistent size for the book). We must continue to support our beloved VIZ!

4.0 out of 5 stars An inspired gift for that bloke who is hard to buy for, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe (Hardcover)
Before I begin, I have to confess I am a Geordie so therefore predisposed to love anything conceived in my native city. Yes, even Sting. However the Viz's collections always go down a storm no matter who I buy them for - and you don't have to be from Newcastle to appreciate one of our best exports.

They are close to the bone and the humour is at times gross and cringeworthy but always funny. The Viz's satirical look at life and the absurdities therein have often brought tears of laughter. But be warned: some people do find it offensive so if you haven't read it before, you might want to check. This is more 'Family Guy' than 'The Simpsons' (buy infinitely more funny than both).

These collections are a great introduction and for once that present you get for Uncle Phil who you can't buy anything for will have him sitting in the corner chuckling months late remembering why you're a great person to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe (Hardcover)
Well what can I say the book is great I am an avid reader and enjoyed it all especially the gardening section although Mr Titcharsh does drone on a bit. The colour pictures do help explain things especially on themo nuclear ovens as used by those popular pie makers I always wondered why their pasties were so hot.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Annual Delight of Dross, 30 Nov. 2013
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe (Hardcover)
Like a lot of Guys of my age I really miss getting the Beano Annual every year so this is the next best thing.

Containing the cream---- goodness how that phrase has been abused here talking of Viz- of editions 202- 212 from this years mags you get a big fix of Viz.

It's great for when the Mother in Law comes round to lunch on Christmas day- just use it to wedge the door closed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GreaTTTTTTT, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe (Hardcover)
Got this for my son to add to his collection, he read it and loved it as always, i read it and can say i enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuckle Muscles, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe (Hardcover)
Bought for my Husband for Christmas. He loves it. Chuckles like a little kid when reading it. Glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars As always a great read - good jokes, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe (Hardcover)
never fails to please my partner as a Christmas present. Lasts all year round too as bedtime reading. Great references to past TV programmes - "What you talking about Willis" aka Different Strokes

5.0 out of 5 stars Viz, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe (Hardcover)
This book speaks for itself, my partners christmas would not be the same if he did not receive is Viz Annual,!!!!! Its like a faithful friend that constantly makes him laugh, the title speaks for itself

Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe
Viz Annual 2014: The Camel's Toe by Viz (Hardcover - 10 Oct. 2013)
Used & New from: £0.01