VINE VOICEon 13 January 2014
As someone who's arsed around with a DSLR since 2009 (it's a Sony A200) without really knowing what he's doing, I finally want to understand the features of my camera and, as a fan of the Magbooks by Dennis Publishing, chose their title. It immediately paid for itself several times over by teaching me the difference between the Auto and P modes (and solving a major annoyance in the process) and recommending supplementing my existing lens with a 50mm f/1.8 lens for portraits (product shots, in my case) which has revolutionised my capability in this area.

My only criticism is that there's some repetition (due, presumably, to the multiple authors used) and some topics are talked about extensively before they're explained - aperture and exposure being two examples of this. Otherwise, excellent value, easy to read and very good looking.
on 6 October 2014