4.0 out of 5 stars A deeper look at the British myths is fascinating
Published 19 months ago by Shazjera

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written, but...
Published 15 months ago by MissMyth

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A deeper look at the British myths is fascinating, 7 Mar 2013
Shazjera (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Shaman Pathways - The Celtic Chakras (Paperback)
I've always been fascinated with lore and myths knowing they hold a seed of truth but also knowing that the truth is very hard to find! Shaman Pathways - The Celtic Chakras opens up a doorway for us so that we can look further into the ancient stories and myths of Britain. I found that it only took one thing to spark the creative part of my brain - that lightbulb moment - which then led me to follow my thoughts, weaving everything into a whole. I also love to find out the roots of words which this touches upon too.

The reader is taken through the Celtic chakras and the spiral path is explained. You will find diagrams and exercises as well as the myths explored. I need to have an experiential component to anything spiritual - I need concrete and real proof - which is provided within these pages. If you take time out and complete the journeys and meditations, you will experience things for yourself. The most beautiful for me has been the Northern Lights journey. I loved the explanation of the Rainbow Warriors and will be meditating on this.

The hardest thing for me is re-thinking the healing use of Reiki (chakras from base to crown). The spiral makes complete sense and this is something I will be experimenting with during self-healing. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about my guided chakra meditation (on CD)!

A deeper look at the myths is fascinating in itself but if your focus is purely the chakras, you do need to have some knowledge of them and their purpose before reading this book.

This is a book I will be reading again and it has been useful for me in giving me pointers to researching for myself.

I would like to thank the publishers for providing an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars A new way of working with chakras, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Shaman Pathways - The Celtic Chakras (Paperback)
A very interesting exploration of chakras from a Celtic perspective, based on the idea that "Chakras are not a purely eastern concept but one found throughout the mystery traditions all over the world." The author doesn't approach this by clumsily bolting on western pagan notions, instead outlining a coherent system of working with and conceptualizing chakras in a way that incorporates how our Celtic ancestors understood and worked with the world around them. In doing this, she draws in duality, spirals, caers, cauldrons, the World Tree, Arianrhod, Ceridwen and Brighid to create a compelling argument to back up her ideas, including correspondences along the way that can be used by practitioners who wish to work solely within one tradition, or who wish to explore new and different ways of working.

I suspect that this will be a book that others will work with and reference. It feels like a beginning, an opening up, and I'm sure people from many traditions will find much that they can learn from experimenting with the ideas contained in here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Shaman Pathways - The Celtic Chakras (Paperback)
What an inspiring and interesting book! Opening us to the knowledge and wisdom found in the chakras within Celtic history, using such wonderful Goddesses as Elen of the Ways, Arianrhod and Ceridwen to discover your own energy centres. I love the way that the Celtic chakra system uses a spiral rather than the usual straight line of chakra centres - makes perfect sense. If you have ever worked with your chakras or thought about doing so - I encourage you to purchase this book, you will have your eyes, heart, soul and energy centres opened and you won't look back.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful journey, 4 May 2013
I was so inspired after reading this book. The meditations took me on a beautiful and meaningful journey where I felt right at home. I loved to read of our own incredible goddesses inspiring us to use the celtic chakras, some that may have been forgotten about or even unheard of in britain until now.

A superb book, I shall be dipping in to it on a regular basis so that I can experience those magical and fulfilling meditations over and over again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written, but..., 30 July 2013
This book was well written in that it explained everything fairly clearly. If you have any knowledge of Celtic myth and the eastern view of chakras then it will be a lot easier to understand. Also, if you're used to visualisation it will be easier to perform the exercises in the book. My one gripe is that I was expecting something a bit more... astounding and found instead a book that gave me a few insights but nothing that really struck me with any real force.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Shaman Pathways - The Celtic Chakras (Paperback)
This is a fascinating look Celtic mythology through the eyes of someone who has spend considerable time seeking signs and evidence of the chakras within them. The symbolism of the stories and myths is teased as we are taken on a journey ourselves from The Abred or three realms, though Elen of the Ways, Arianrhod, Ceridwen and the Cauldrons of Poesy, Preidue Annwfn:Arthur's Raid on the Underworld until we finally rest with Brighid.

On the way we are constantly reminded of the spiral path of the Celtic shaman, the one that takes us though the chakras in pairs which will resonate with anyone who balances chakras in this way and understands the connections between the pairs. We are given exercises to help us to change our consciousness, meet the three cauldrons, move the position of our chakras and sit within the rainbow dance.

As the author herself says in her final paragraph:
' The Celtic chakra tradition shows us this dance through the story, riddle song, dance; we learn the dances and draw them all together to the centre point, the still point within each of us...where the dance is'.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Eye Opener, 24 Oct 2013
Joanna Vanderhoeven (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
Elen Sentier's Celtic Chakras intrigued me - I have worked with the Eastern tradition of chakras for many years, and seeing this interpretation of the concept was refreshing and interesting. I really liked the spiral concept of chakra energy, radiating from the heart centre that reflects the spiral so common a Celtic motif. It also reflected some of the Tantric teachings of flow, how it moves up and through and then back and down, as opposed to movement from the base chakra to the crown only. As a Pagan Portals book from Moon Books, it is a good, short introduction to the Celtic Chakras, which can be further explored on one's own. I look forward to Sentier's other works! - Joanna van der Hoeven, author of Zen Druidry

5.0 out of 5 stars A Journey Of Reconection, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Shaman Pathways - The Celtic Chakras (Paperback)
For me it answered questions others could not answer. Practical, educational, reassuringly inspirational. It's a book to lead you on.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book., 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Shaman Pathways - The Celtic Chakras (Paperback)
Such a good book. I fully enjoyed it and, after 46 years in the Craft, still managed to learn from the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars new insights into chakras, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Shaman Pathways - The Celtic Chakras (Paperback)
This is an excellent book that makes chakras relevant to those of us who acknowledge their Celtic heritage. I work with energies and have tried to make use of treditional chakra healing but with limited success. This book has given me a tool with which I feel totally comfortable and that is proving very successful

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Shaman Pathways - The Celtic Chakras
Shaman Pathways - The Celtic Chakras by Elen Sentier (Paperback - 25 Jan 2013)