Published 1 month ago by charlotte

1.0 out of 5 stars chemistry can be great when used appropriately (for example
If I told you that there is a detox supplement on the market that makes you sick and was not proven to be effective or safe for human consumption, would you take it? What if I told you that I would make money if you bought it? I’ll bet there is no way that you would try it. And I’ll bet that you certainly wouldn’t give it to your child! But that is...
Published 1 month ago by Dr. Leen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really great book if you want to understand why so many ..., 9 July 2014
This review is from: Toxic World, Toxic People: The Essential Guide to Health, Happiness, Parenting and Conscious Living (Paperback)
This is a really great book if you want to understand why so many people are sick and depressed in the world today. Whilst the medical community poo poo books like Toxic World Toxic People, its because they haven’t had the training to look at toxicity in an in-depth way. They are told that unless you are literally poisoned in one sitting by something that accumulation of chemicals just doesn’t happen.

But if they aren’t testing people for this, then how can they know?

The arctic circle has become the most polluted area on earth, with the animals and Eskimos testing so high for PCBs and mercury that scientists are incredibly alarmed for the rest of the world. If the arctic circle, once thought of as so pristine is now so toxic, what does that mean for the rest of the world’s health?

Surely it means that that is also affecting us as well? Anna’s book goes into detail about where Toxicity is coming from and also offers solutions for how to try and decrease exposure and to get the chemicals you have, out of your body. Its very well researched and referenced and also is very fascinating reading especially about depression and how anti-depressants generally do more harm than good (and have been linked to suicides and murders!) and how chemicals are triggering off the mood disorders in the first place.

It was interesting to read how sick the author once was, she was labelled as severely depressed and with a personality disorder but after reading her book, its clear to see she is not like that anymore. Makes you wonder if there is a lot to what she is saying considering the medications she was once on, which she said made her far worse and it was only when she came off them, detoxed her body and ate well, that her mental state was able to become balanced. The medical community like to say that only their drugs will sort out mood problems!

With over 100 Million people in the USA on psychiatric drugs and relying on medications in general, no wonder Doctors and Scientists don’t like the information she presents in this book. Its a big threat to big pharma! Whilst it is a very controversial book, you have to wonder why so many people are wanting to look outside mainstream medical circles. Could it be that they aren’t getting the help they need? I believe so. I highly recommend anyone to read this book, it offers a whole library’s worth of life changing information. And there’s even a huge parenting section in the book that is also incredibly important and valuable to read. Its such a huge book that you don’t actually have to have kids to benefit from it, but judging by the fact that most people do end up having kids, you can read half of the book and then leave it for the time you are going to have kids. its that big! I love how the author has tied in two big epidemics Toxic illness and toxic parenting. She’s right that these are two huge problems in society today and hardly anyone is really talking about them in the media.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what the world is been waiting for..., 15 Jun 2014
I have known Anna for years and I am fascinated by her passion and dedication to research for this book and dig deep to find the truth of what is going on in the world- even at her own risk - as she is exposing the hard truth and complexity of what corporations are doing to us and to the planet in a very direct manner without sugar coating. The book is unbelievably amazing and every chapter is full of captivating truths and enlightening and uplifting solutions to make this world better. No surprisingly the book has quickly gain acceptance and reputation and won't take too long to become the handbook bible for every health related professional that is interested in spreading true health. Thank you so much Anna Rodgers for writing such a needed book. May you be blessed for what you do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 16 Jun 2014
Years ago at school in chemistry lessons we would take chemicals which on their own seemed not to be doing much, mix them together and record the reaction. When the teacher went out of the room sometimes we thought it was fun to mix things we were not supposed to and get more spectacular reactions, the ultimate aim being to set off the fire bell. Well, I would draw an analogy between those lessons and this book. In this instance the human body is the test tube into which you put the chemicals and the symptoms it produces are the fire alarm. This book is the extinguisher.
It is so easy in the modern world to be exposed to large numbers of chemicals/toxins on a daily basis through food, cosmetics, cleaning products etc without even thinking about it. This book will guide you to how you can minimise the amount of chemicals/toxins you consume. I thought I had a pretty good idea of the right things to avoid but Anna has brought to my attention many things I had not previously considered.
How many times have we been assured that something is ‘safe’ only to find years later that it wasn’t? According to the introduction of Toxic World, Toxic People, “on average, each one of us comes into contact with over at least 80,000 toxic - and mostly untested for safety - chemicals each year.” That is reason enough for me to recommend buying a copy of this book. It will make you think about what you do, how you do it and what you trust in a very different way indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a game-changer., 15 Jun 2014
When I first started reading this book, I thought, 'who needs a book that has you feeling fearful of absolutely everything?' and my instant reaction was to put it aside and read something a little more 'light', but that's what we've been programmed to do, to ignore or write off anything that questions what we know and accept to be true, because that's how things are.
Anna does this so beautifully. She's a passionate authority who questions decision makers and invites her readers to do their own research and to become aware that not everything is as it seems. I am SO happy I didn't stop reading, and that I read this hefty tome from cover to cover. Yes it's uncomfortable reading at times, not the writing itself - that's great - but the content WILL challenge you, but reading it should be required reading for anyone that cares about themselves, their family and the environment they live in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book packed full of life changing and practical advice, 15 Jun 2014
Anna's message is delivered with passion and conviction and she candidly shares her good and bad experiences, inviting readers into her own world and also guiding them to do their own research if they are unsure or disagree with any of the relevant points she makes. She covers a wide range of subjects that affect all of us from toxins, to vaccinations and medicine information - you can read it as a whole or pick the particular topics that are most relevant to you, however you will definitely return to it time and again. Anna provides some invaluable information that will definitely improve people's lives for the better. Ultimately her aim is to educate people and provide a different viewpoint from the established orthodoxy and even though some of the points may come across as "controversial" because they take us from what we have always "known" and accepted blindly to an alternative that is in fact much closer to the truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars a life-changing read, 14 Jun 2014
Daniela I. Norris "Reader, Writer, Wonderer, ... (Geneva, Switzerland and Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Did you know that many of your cosmetic products are full of toxic chemicals, some foods that you eat can actually make you depressed and ill - and that you are tricked into paying large amounts of money for things that are truly bad for your health? After reading Toxic World, Toxic People, I can never again say ‘I didn’t know’.

Anna Rodgers shares not only her experiences - mistakes and successes, good, bad and ugly – with heartwarming sincerity and frankness, but she also generously directs the readers to the works of other writers and researchers who’ve spent years on putting together a vast amount of knowledge that is now at our disposable, if we only care enough to educate ourselves and live a conscious and consciences life.

From toxins that are present in our everyday environment, through medicines and vaccines to life attitudes and education techniques for our children, these 800+ pages are packed with information that will definitely change my life for the better. This guide can not be taken in at once, but even small informed changes and decisions can go a long way in improving my health and well being, and that of my entire family.

I read the e-book version, now I am going to invest in a paper-copy, for I know that this is one book that I’ll be reading again and again. I would even go as far as calling it ‘my new well-being bible’ – as never before I found such a comprehensive, well-written and unpretentious collection of knowledge and tips that are relevant to life here today.

Daniela I. Norris, author of On Dragonfly Wings and Collecting Feathers: Tales from the other side.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a judgement they are simply part of keeping us under control and telling us what we need and is good for us, 8 July 2014
This book is written by someone who has walked the walk. This book will become the one you refer to all the time. It is well researched and just flows. It is the future.... Becoming responsible for your well being. This is an important book and a and a big eye opener . Any negative feedback so will be from unconscious people who are part of the toxicity that book unveils. This is a judgement they are simply part of keeping us under control and telling us what we need and is good for us, to simply make money from our continued ill health. Loved it .... Watch this author with interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, informative, and well researched!, 7 July 2014
No wonder mainstream medicine types of people don't like Anna's book as it goes against most of the things they say. If modern medicine was all it was cracked up to be, why are so many people searching outside it for help?

Anna's book contains hundreds of references and links to studies and other experts. I'd say its worth looking at so you can make your own mind up. As a parent myself, I know how important it is to self educate, because unfortunately, we are not being given the full picture so to speak.

Anna has done a BRILLIANT job at bringing awareness to the many serious issues we face in today's society. What a marvellous, informative and well researched book.

Anna is a game changer, and a voice and inspiration for so many! We need more Anna's in this world bringing light to the darkness. Go girl! 😉

5.0 out of 5 stars It is great to have a physical copy, 30 Jun 2014
I have been looking forward to reading this book for quite some time after being very impressed with the information being shared on Facebook via the author. It is great to have a physical copy, and quite some tome it is at over 800 pages! Anna has obviously been incredibly well read and very well informed about many important health related matters for a long time. So many different highly important topics are discussed here and I would say given the extent of advice as to what to avoid and what to gravitate towards, this is a must have book, either for people new to the subjects covered or indeed those more familiar with them. The author definitely has a will to help others and this shines through here, this book comes very highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Important!, 27 Jun 2014
Just superb and enlightening read for the modern person. Anna has literally changed my life. I do things so differently now and am not so trusting of what is presented to me as a 'safe' product. I have re-hauled my whole lifestyle as a result of this book, and feel so much happier for it. I still need to make many changes, but doing so is a pleasure knowing how valuable these changes are. This book is essential reading. Anna is helping to create change and shift consciousness. She is a super star and this book is important!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›