Published 10 months ago by charlotte

1.0 out of 5 stars chemistry can be great when used appropriately (for example
If I told you that there is a detox supplement on the market that makes you sick and was not proven to be effective or safe for human consumption, would you take it? What if I told you that I would make money if you bought it? I’ll bet there is no way that you would try it. And I’ll bet that you certainly wouldn’t give it to your child! But that is...
Published 12 months ago by Dr. Leen

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really great book if you want to understand why so many ..., 15 Aug. 2014
This is a really great book if you want to understand why so many people are sick and depressed in the world today. Whilst the medical community poo poo books like Toxic World Toxic People, its because they haven’t had the training to look at toxicity in an in-depth way. They are told that unless you are literally poisoned in one sitting by something that accumulation of chemicals just doesn’t happen.

But if they aren’t testing people for this, then how can they know?

The arctic circle has become the most polluted area on earth, with the animals and Eskimos testing so high for PCBs and mercury that scientists are incredibly alarmed for the rest of the world. If the arctic circle, once thought of as so pristine is now so toxic, what does that mean for the rest of the world’s health?

Surely it means that that is also affecting us as well? Anna’s book goes into detail about where Toxicity is coming from and also offers solutions for how to try and decrease exposure and to get the chemicals you have, out of your body. Its very well researched and referenced and also is very fascinating reading especially about depression and how anti-depressants generally do more harm than good (and have been linked to suicides and murders!) and how chemicals are triggering off the mood disorders in the first place.

It was interesting to read how sick the author once was, she was labelled as severely depressed and with a personality disorder but after reading her book, its clear to see she is not like that anymore. Makes you wonder if there is a lot to what she is saying considering the medications she was once on, which she said made her far worse and it was only when she came off them, detoxed her body and ate well, that her mental state was able to become balanced. The medical community like to say that only their drugs will sort out mood problems!

With over 100 Million people in the USA on psychiatric drugs and relying on medications in general, no wonder Doctors and Scientists don’t like the information she presents in this book. Its a big threat to big pharma! Whilst it is a very controversial book, you have to wonder why so many people are wanting to look outside mainstream medical circles. Could it be that they aren’t getting the help they need? I believe so. I highly recommend anyone to read this book, it offers a whole library’s worth of life changing information. And there’s even a huge parenting section in the book that is also incredibly important and valuable to read. Its such a huge book that you don’t actually have to have kids to benefit from it, but judging by the fact that most people do end up having kids, you can read half of the book and then leave it for the time you are going to have kids. its that big! I love how the author has tied in two big epidemics Toxic illness and toxic parenting. She’s right that these are two huge problems in society today and hardly anyone is really talking about them in the media.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 10 Aug. 2014
Years ago at school in chemistry lessons we would take chemicals which on their own seemed not to be doing much, mix them together and record the reaction. When the teacher went out of the room sometimes we thought it was fun to mix things we were not supposed to and get more spectacular reactions, the ultimate aim being to set off the fire bell. Well, I would draw an analogy between those lessons and this book. In this instance the human body is the test tube into which you put the chemicals and the symptoms it produces are the fire alarm. This book is the extinguisher.
It is so easy in the modern world to be exposed to large numbers of chemicals/toxins on a daily basis through food, cosmetics, cleaning products etc without even thinking about it. This book will guide you to how you can minimise the amount of chemicals/toxins you consume. I thought I had a pretty good idea of the right things to avoid but Anna has brought to my attention many things I had not previously considered.
How many times have we been assured that something is ‘safe’ only to find years later that it wasn’t? According to the introduction of Toxic World, Toxic People, “on average, each one of us comes into contact with over at least 80,000 toxic - and mostly untested for safety - chemicals each year.” That is reason enough for me to recommend buying a copy of this book. It will make you think about what you do, how you do it and what you trust in a very different way indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars My No1 Go-To Book. Get yours now!, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Toxic World, Toxic People: The Essential Guide to Health, Happiness, Parenting and Conscious Living (Paperback)
I have both the hardcopy and the kindle version because to be honest I cannot be without this book. Its like an encyclopedia for all people full of the most amazing and insightful information. Its not preachy and dogmatic but more handing you all the research on a plate and saving you hours and hours of googling the internet. If your looking for a healthier, happier, more environmentally friendly lifestyle, if your a new parent looking for good ole homestyle advice, if your looking for the perfect gift then this book is for you. Its huge! And you definitely get your monies worth and rather than something you will blitz through cover to cover,( which you can do), I feel this is like THE reference book everyone should have and will keep for a long time going back to againa and again and again. It will open your eyes to products that can improve your health, state of well-being, your children and the environment and also the things to avoid. Coming from Australia and yet being based in the UK and siting the USA there is a global feel to the book and its not set in its own little bubble. Its interesting to see the conflict set up by people questioning authenticity but then I feel that questioning is also what this author is doing and that seems to rock the boat for some people or organisations. I think this book does us, the man/woman/boy/girl on the street a massive favour and we owe it to ourselves to open our eyes and ears and get amongst it people!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical tips and guidance for beating toxicity in today's world, 25 Jun. 2014
Although the title of this book has a hard to swallow message, meaning that starting to read it elaborates Jan. lot of home truths - it's essential reading for anyone living in a city, a busy area or an are of pollution. The book offers up realistic and practical advice for detoxing, cleansing the body of toxins and achieving optimal health and wellness. The timing of this book is important too, just as people are waking up to the truth of gm food, toxins in our food and water and the effects that this has on our bodies. If I could, I'd give a copy of this to everyone I know, it's a just read if you care about your own and your families health and future.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a judgement they are simply part of keeping us under control and telling us what we need and is good for us, 8 July 2014
This book is written by someone who has walked the walk. This book will become the one you refer to all the time. It is well researched and just flows. It is the future.... Becoming responsible for your well being. This is an important book and a and a big eye opener . Any negative feedback so will be from unconscious people who are part of the toxicity that book unveils. This is a judgement they are simply part of keeping us under control and telling us what we need and is good for us, to simply make money from our continued ill health. Loved it .... Watch this author with interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will most definitely bring health and happiness to you..., 19 Jun. 2014
As soon as I started to read this book I haven't been able to put it down! It is crammed full of essential information on how to rid the toxins out of our lives and live a happier, healthier one.
I recommend this book to everyone, it is an absolute must read; we are led to believe that everyday products are safe, but that is always not the case and they are causing problems for our heath and to the environment.
A five star rating from me, would give it more if I could...
Thanks to Anna Rodgers, it definitely is an essential guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Important!, 27 Jun. 2014
Just superb and enlightening read for the modern person. Anna has literally changed my life. I do things so differently now and am not so trusting of what is presented to me as a 'safe' product. I have re-hauled my whole lifestyle as a result of this book, and feel so much happier for it. I still need to make many changes, but doing so is a pleasure knowing how valuable these changes are. This book is essential reading. Anna is helping to create change and shift consciousness. She is a super star and this book is important!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great title for this book, 26 Jun. 2014
Mrs. E. M. Palmer (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
I have been aware for some time now that the world and people are getting more and more toxic and I have become sensitive to chemical exposure, so I was thrilled with this book which is like a handbook to dip in and out of. I have used my highlighter pen extensively to highlight particular points of interest to me, and it is very helpful that the author has included many websites to look at as well. I hope more and more people come to realise how chemicals are harming our health.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing and comprehensive book that I would recommend to anyone!!, 17 Aug. 2014
Anna Rodgers has written an amazing and comprehensive book that aims to be the 21st centuries health lexicon and should be in everyone's homes.
It's an in-dept read about how we all are greatly exposed to hidden and more obvious sources of toxicity in our modern world today, from air, drinking water, vaccines, medicine and food. You can pick the chapters that appeals mostly to you or read it all if you are passionate about health and taking care of the earth, you will either way get a lot of new knowledge and insights that the conventional system doesn't present in mainstream media. It might seem controversial, but it is a must read as people don't know the extent of toxicity we are exposed to today. Anna share in the book her tremendous healing journey from being very ill to gaining her health back and become a mom to a beautiful and healthy daughter. She has a brilliant way of inspiring you through her book, how you can turn it around and apply simple changes that can help you and your family on the path of a healthy and happier lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book that should be read by everyone concerned about the world we live in, 11 Aug. 2014
Anna's message is delivered with passion and conviction and she candidly shares her good and bad experiences, inviting readers into her own world and also guiding them to do their own research if they are unsure or disagree with any of the relevant points she makes. She covers a wide range of subjects that affect all of us from toxins, to vaccinations and medicine information - you can read it as a whole or pick the particular topics that are most relevant to you, however you will definitely return to it time and again. Anna provides some invaluable information that will definitely improve people's lives for the better. Ultimately her aim is to educate people and provide a different viewpoint from the established orthodoxy and even though some of the points may come across as "controversial" because they take us from what we have always "known" and accepted blindly to an alternative that is in fact much closer to the truth.