• Gift

Gift
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£6.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 12 October 2012
Its been a while since I read a childrens book.
The opening three sentences grabbed me. And I knew then, I will not want to put this book down. You know that feeling of embarking on a journey? Thats it! A real treat for children/adults alike.

I was not desipointed - after second page I was fully absorb into the story: a girl is being found, she cannot speak, nobody knows her, nobody seems to know where she came from (or, how, for that matter).
And with this child who tells us her story, I was transported into a Zimbabwan landscape - an unknown territory to me. But, unlike the msasa tree landscape the story is a universal one.
for me, as much as being a tale of African magic worlds, this is a story of growing up, leaving part of us behind... Of longing, belonging, questions of loyalty, growing up.

All this condensed to 82 pages adorned with the author's fun, yet lyricall illustrations.

Treat yourself. Read.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 28 March 2015
Lovely, well written book. Read it to the children and enjoyed every page.

Follow up please, Ms Birss!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again