5.0 out of 5 stars i loved it
the pictures are brilliant. my husband has been a fan of his for many years. we hope he brings out more cds
Published 15 months ago by paula beckett

2.0 out of 5 stars Pointless!!
I bought this `used' at a reasonable price. I had hoped that the book would be largely free of text and that it would contain some rare or previously unseen photographs.

Sadly, my hopes were dashed upon receipt of the book. It is full of mundane, pedestrian writing and the images within, `the life in pictures', have all been seen before.

There is...
Published 16 months ago by Stephen Lloyd

2.0 out of 5 stars Pointless!!, 24 April 2013
Stephen Lloyd (Bradford, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: David Bowie: A Life in Pictures (Hardcover)

There is nothing here to attract the new or seasoned Bowie follower. Avoid and spend your money on `David Bowie is' instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: David Bowie: A Life in Pictures (Hardcover)
This book is absolutely terrible. The text is un-informed at best, totally inaccurate at worst. After a quite in-depth look at the years 1964-1975 (with many mistakes: Bowie's eye condition being loosely blamed on a "childhood accident") it manages to summarise the years 1976-1992 in about six pages! Bearing in mind some of Bowie's most important albums were released during this time, "Low", "Heroes", "Lodger" etc, they are skimmed over like a byword to the more important photographs. Film synopsis' are incorrect (Thomas Jerome Newton "dies a lonely death" at the end of "The Man Who Fell To Earth") and a photograph from Bowie's "Serious Moonlight Tour" was apparently taken in 1990!

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this book (3.99 at The Works) and advise people who want to learn something about Bowie avoid this book like the plague. It certainly won't be featuring in any future essential bibliography sections of other books.

Although I have given this book one star, I only did this as it was not possible to post this review without rating it.

5.0 out of 5 stars i loved it, 25 May 2013
paula beckett (sutton surrey untied kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars David bowie.Book, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: David Bowie: A Life in Pictures (Hardcover)
Lovely photographs are really nice and my son liked it a lot being a David bowie fan I think I made a good choice getting this for him. thanks chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: David Bowie: A Life in Pictures (Hardcover)
Perefect and informative for any Bowie Fan. Had to wait quite a while to receive it, but it was worth the wait.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 6 July 2013
Mr. G. Wilson - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Bowie: A Life in Pictures (Hardcover)
The book was great but in terrible condition. Cover was ripped and I ordered this as a gift.Sorry I bought it

David Bowie: A Life in Pictures
David Bowie: A Life in Pictures by Chris Welch (Hardcover - 11 April 2013)
13.59