Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 5 January 2013
This book helped me to completely re-write my CV into an organised creative format. It's mostly focused around jobs in the television industry, but I found it also applied to freelance writing. The only down fall being that it seems more for those with established careers than those just starting out, leaving me at times wondering how to fill the various sections. It was however a massive help, and I'd recommend this book to any beginner or established professional.
on 6 January 2013
Well written clear book which offers helpful advice on a subject that is often complicated and contradictory. Nice sound advice, which is easy to implement.
on 23 January 2013
"I read this book cover to cover (at least twice). It was a really informative read - with lots of useful points. I was particularly struck by the idea of painting word pictures; and the refreshing approach to covering letters (on reflection mine were just far too apologetic in tone."
on 20 April 2013
After reading this book it made me view my CV and how I sold my skills in a completely different light. My previous CV was awful in comparison to my current one, following Clearly Creative CVs I wrote a new one from scratch. Gavin obviously has lots of experience in what he does and has been very generous in offering his advice to the readers of this book. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the creative industry, whether you are just starting out or have been doing it for years, this book is guarenteed to give your career a boost! Also, a great website full of tips and worth a read by the same author: [...]
on 29 May 2014
Very useful and good read for anyone new trying to get into the industry. The book contains great tips in CV writing and how to compose a well thought out cover letter. I honestly only started hearing back from employers after using the tips in this book and I am now thankfully employed. Definitely a good purchase and if you feel at a loss when trying to get into the industry this will serve as a good stepping stone.
on 20 January 2013
I just finished reading this! Very insightful with lots of useful information, some major and some subtle (I really liked the psychology behind how you name the CV file). As someone who has never had to write this type of CV before this was incredibly helpful and, hopefully, has saved me from a lot of unnecessary rejections. Thanks!
on 11 July 2015
A very helpful and to concise guide to writing a creative CV. With his vast experience and sharp writing style, Gavin has a way of cutting straight to the point . The book is filled with sage advice that, to me, served as a massive wake up call.

There are many simple things, like choosing not to include your address, or your date of birth, for example that I never would have guessed could be holding me back.

A helpful feature in the book is what is referred to as ‘the focus system.’ This is a series of icons throughout which would help those in a hurry to update their CV, perhaps without the time to read the entire book, to focus on the most important sections.

Overall, I’d definitely recommend this to anyone in a creative line of work. It’s certainly given me a clearer idea of what a good CV is, which I’m sure will help me in the future.
on 14 July 2014
This book has insightful and practical advice. It’s easy to navigate through the chapters and tailor to your CV requirements. The examples which show how employers view CV’s was really useful and a reality check. I would recommend this book to anyone in the industry.
on 21 June 2016
A great book to help improve your cv, its clear and to the point. Not just telling you how to write a great cv, it also gives tips and examples in getting the job.
While my cv was in ok shape, the book helped elevate my cv to the next level. My weak point was my covering letter and the book was a big help in that area.
on 19 June 2014
I love the analogy in the beginning of the book. It allows you to open you mind and then structure it correctly, allowing you to critically examine your CV