5.0 out of 5 stars It's like magic!
Published 14 months ago by VG

1.0 out of 5 stars Gives children a sense of blame if it fails
Published on 1 Dec. 2012 by reader89

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Gives children a sense of blame if it fails, 1 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition (Paperback)
We followed the book & cd to the letter. We even visited Alicia in her little room on Harley Street. Unfortunately, the method didn't work for my then 6 y.o. daughter. Because it is based on NLP methods of 'believing in yourself' when it didn't work my daughter's self belief was much lower than before. We tried several cycles over a couple of months until I insisted we stop. It took another 6 months before she was willing to try anything else again. BTW she wasn't in pull-ups and is very well-adjusted, compliant and hard-working. It just didn't work. Every time the little voice she was meant to hear didn't wake her she felt like a failure, because Alicia on the CD had told her she was in control of that little voice. Two years on and bedwetting seems like ancient history. What worked? growing (she was, and is, very small for her age) and recognizing that she is an intensely deep sleeper. The Rogers alarm, which gave her control of waking up after just a few drops before she was completely wet was the solution for us. It also helped during travels, stays at grandma's etc. Hope you find the right solution for your child.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not successful for us, 15 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition (Paperback)
I bought this book for help with my 8 year old son after reading the positive reviews. We worked our way through the book and religiously listened to the recording and followed the steps each evening. After over a month and only 1 dry night, we abandoned the whole thing and went back to using pull-ups at night. None of us could face any more wet beds and washing. So, this really did not work for us at all, despite my son being really keen and buying into the whole concept.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like magic!, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition (Paperback)
My 6-year old son never had a dry night, and in fact wet the bed 2 or 3 times every night, before reading this book. We went to the bed-wetting clinic and tried all their recommendations including an alarm, which was a disaster. One night we were up 6 times changing bedding and mostly it woke us up and he just slept right through it! We didn't want to go down the medication route which was the next step offered to us by the NHS, so in desperation I thought I'd try this book. We are now on day 5, we had one dry night after working through the introduction chapter only, one wet night, then 3 dry nights in a row! It's like a miracle! I honestly thought we had years of this misery ahead of us, and now, hopefully it's in the past. It takes a bit of commitment, but actually my son and I have enjoyed working through the exercises together. I couldn't recommend this book more highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars It might take sometime but it works!, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition (Paperback)
After having pursued with much persistence the programme for I think a month or, my daughter and I stopped listening to the CD and doing the exercises. My daughter -and we- were tired and somehow disillusioned. She continued to wet her bed for another month after the end of the month practice, every night, and we kind of accepted the situation hoping that things would sort out by themselves meaning that eventually by the age of 12 (she was 9 when we started the programme) she would stop altogether.
But at our big surprise, one night - so one month after having stopped the programme- she did not wet her bed. We were all surprised but even more when we realised that she had stopped wetting since that night and until today (a year later) she has remained dry.
We were ecstatic.
I believe that the programme has worked but her brain's neurons needed sometime before making the long term connection. So sometimes don't expect the magical wand but let believe in the process... It helped us tremendously and provided our daughter and us a new life.

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!!, 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition (Paperback)
Hi - to anyone out there trying to help their child - please don't give up!

My son was born with a severe hypospadias - he has had numerous operations to rectify this. He was not dry during the day until he was 5.

Unfortunately, trying to be dry during the night was another matter. Up until April of this year he was in pads (nappies).

After a very negative visit to a Paediatric Doctor who told me my son would be in the 1% that would never be dry during the night I decided enough was enough. I went home after that consultation and said this is it - he's not wearing pads tonight.

We had gone down the route of trying medication but unfortunately he had severe side affects to them.

My son was also attending and Incontinence Nurse and she was absolutely wonderful - her advice was invaluable but my son was
just not ready.

I had tried a couple of alarms but my son is a very deep sleeper and we found that he just slept through them (but the rest of the house were wakened).

Firstly, I purchased the Rogers Alarm and then I went on the internet to see if there was any book that could help. I came upon "Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days" - I purchased the video and the CD - my son has Development Delays and I found that he would sit down - with the headphones on and take in absolutely everything Alicia was saying. At night when he was in bed I would put the CD on and he loved listening to it. That was in May and since then he has had approximately 5 wet nights (this was probably due to the school holidays - no routine and being over tired). After one night's accident - he actually put the CD on himself.

I totally understand how frustrating it is to feel so helpless but my advice to anyone is please read Alicia's Book and don't give up.

We now have a little boy who is very proud and a Mum and Dad and 3 big brothers who thinks he is truly amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars After much frustration and other avenues I with some scepticism ..., 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition (Paperback)
After much frustration and other avenues I with some scepticism tried the stop bed wetting in 7 days in 2011, and it worked. We were mostly dry after 7 days and now only ever have a very occasional accident. After years of daily washing sheets, duvets, mattress protectors and pyjamas we are free........................ thank you. Follow the instructions and your child's confidence will start to improve as the accidents stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book works!, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition (Paperback)
My 7yr old daughter has made amazing progress with this book! In desperation I purchased an alarm and this book at the same time. I started with the alarm and at first it had an incredible effect but after a while she started to wet the bed again, but she hated the alarm so much that she refused to put it back on. So there we were, yet again, with either pull ups or wet sheets (less often admittedly). So we moved on to this book - the main thing I wanted to say is that whilst the alarm worked to a degree, she hated it. But she LOVES this book and looks forward to doing the exercises! It makes her feel good about herself and in control. She now only wears pyjamas, no pull ups, no alarms and is really proud of herself. We've had 10 dry nights in a row - a revelation.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best method for us; hopefully for your family too, 9 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition (Paperback)
This book is brilliant. I bought it after seeing it while (in desperation) looking for a bed wetting alarm on Amazon. After reading the other reviews I was convinced that this book was the best approach for helping my eight year old daughter to be dry at night. She embraced the method and exercises whole heartedly, even sharing her sketches with her teacher. She really enjoyed the visualisations and the empowerment of taking control of a situation that had really been getting her down. I am delighted to report that the methods worked, and roughly 14 days after she started the programme, she is now dry at nights. I am so proud of her, and thankful to Alicia for putting together such a sensible, practical and inspiring resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop bedwetting in seven days, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition (Paperback)
How many books can make an 8 year old boy's wish come true? This is exactly what "Stop Bedwetting in 7 days" did for our son, who had only ever managed one dry night in his life.

We had tried night lifting and wetness alarms without success and had even given Acupuncture and Homeopathy a whirl but nothing worked. Like most people, I thought the title of the book was too good to be true but as it was well-reviewed I thought I would give it a go, especially our little boy was becoming increasingly despondent about ever becoming dry at night. He is the youngest of four children and the only one to have had any problem with bed-wetting, so we thought we would give him as much time as we could to become dry on his own and we had also wanted to try and avoid the medication route if at all possible. This book was really our last chance for our little fella and we were determined to give it a 'good go' as we all found it sad that he couldn't go for sleepovers and that he started to dread when friends who came to stay, in case they found out he wore a nappy at night.

I realise we were incredibly lucky as the the book not only fulfilled upon the statement in its title, it surpassed itself as our delighted little boy was dry after 4 days of doing the programme. Not wishing to get carried away with our success we diligently finished the book and almost one year to the day later I can report that he has only had two accidents, one when he was tired and out of routine and the other when he was jetlagged. I have recommended this book to lots of friends and my family and they too have found it incredibly helpful even if they didn't have 'Express' version of the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic so far!, 14 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition (Paperback)
Bought this book as tried almost everything else. My son is now on his fourth dry night in a row after following the simple steps. He's happy, I'm happy. Did not believe it would work but fingers crossed we have turned a corner and are heading toward dry beds forever. Thank you Alicia.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition
Stop Bedwetting in Seven Days: Second Edition by Alicia Eaton (Paperback - 1 April 2012)