5.0 out of 5 stars Best Read of the Year!!!!
Published on 10 Oct. 2012 by Sanders

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a good read
It was a good read and i am full of respect for the soldiers, man,woman and dog, but found it a bit repetitive.
Published on 2 Feb. 2013 by Melanie Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Read of the Year!!!!, 10 Oct. 2012
I just couldn't put this book down. It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Being an ex-serviceman myself and a dog lover I marvelled at the bond that Sgt Heyhoe and Treo share together. Sgt Heyhoe takes us through the horror of war with this miraculous dog at his side. The respect for him and his dog by his fellow soldiers is evident as you turn the pages and the fact that both were so professional and dedicated to finding IED's that the Taliban made them a priority to be killed. The tension you feel as they head each patrol looking for arms and explosives is tangible. The lighter side of the book is Treo's mischievous natural streak. On one occasion the tears rolled down my cheeks as Sgt Heyhoe himself in tears carried out an order against everything he stands for.

A wonderful book about the bond between man and dog in the theatre of war.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read really opened my eyes, 8 Oct. 2012
I have really enjoyed reading this book; it has made me laugh out loud and then made me sob my heart out. There is so much going on in Afghan and other war zones that we never hear about, In this case the true heroes Dave and Treo. The book is so descriptive you can feel the heat and the sweat rolling down your back and taste the hot sandy air, I loved how nothing was held back even when Dave thought he needed to take the blame for certain situations, He does not make himself out to be the hero but Treo his beloved dog who is totally amazing to deal with the situations he is put in but always delivers on his searches (even if some do doubt him), Dave's love for the dog really comes through in all he does, Treo is his only priority then the lads on the ground (to get them all back safely to base) then himself, The bond between man and dog is one that cannot be broken and comes across in the book strongly. Dave also tells of the friendships he and Treo make with the other soldiers out in Afghan and the bonds that are made due to being together in a war zone. Treo is a much loved dog in afghan by all that come into contact with him. I would recommend this book if you want an honest opinion of what life is like as a dog handler out in a war zone the smiles the laughter and the tears.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant !!!, 10 Oct. 2012
Where do you start.
Words cannot describe the emotions the book puts you through, firstly let me say I am not an emotional person, I'm 5,10,16 1/2 stone and a stocky chap, but that did not stop this book having me in floods of tears at times.

As Both a proud British man and also an animal lover you cannot help but feel nothing but great admiration and pride for what this dog and his handler achieved, both in battle and in life itself.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and could not put it down, I read it inside 2 days, now I am normally a light reader only reading at nite usually, this book had me reading any spare second I had!!!

Buy it you will not regret doing so .

5.0 out of 5 stars It Certainly Is "All About Treo"!!!, 9 Oct. 2012
On Friday 28th September, I went into a well know book store and purchased "It's All About Treo". 24 hours later I had finished the last page!!! This book was unputdownable!!!! Is that even a word???

From the first page I was drawn in, hook, line and sinker, for the unconditional love Dave has for Treo, the unending trust that Treo, in turn, bestows on his "dad" and the great weight of responsibility that Dave feels for the other troops when he and Treo are out there searching for these murderous devices.

I have to say that the tears flowed freely - from the pure joy of the bond between man and dog, to the devastation and heartbreak that war brings, to tears of laughter at some of Treo's antics. That's definitely the Labrador coming out!!!

However, none of the above detracts from the horror of the job that Dave, Treo and every other serving soldier, dog team and member of our armed forces have to do. This book is an emotional roller coaster full of highs and lows from the authors' perspective and it definitely reaffirmed to me exactly how remarkable these men, women and dogs are.

Thank you Dave and Treo, for giving me, and everyone else who reads this book, an amazing, honest and very moving insight into life on the front line by recounting yours and Treo's story. It's certainly a book that I would read again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic all you dog lovers, 4 Nov. 2012
L. Upton (uk) - See all my reviews
i took this book on holiday i couldnt put it down although blubbering by the pool is not a good look.i learnt so much about afghanistan and the amazing job all our soliders and dogs do and im sure there are several more daves and treos out there still fighting and doing their jobs, although treo has to be one on his own, his character so funny at times showing his dad up on a few occasions ,working hard and still able to have some fun , its a must , get reading .

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book i've read !, 17 Oct. 2012
This is by far the best book i've ever read , i found it fasinating , remarkable and at times unbelievable .
The bond between owner and dog is as i said remarkable , even more so considering the conditions and pressure both were working in . A must read , laugh out loud funny , sob out loud heartbreaking but leaves you bursting with pride over a dog you don't even know ! Brilliant .

5.0 out of 5 stars It's All About Treo - A Tail that needed to be told, 24 July 2013
This review is from: It's All About Treo (Paperback)
What a brilliant account of one of the most challenging constantly life threatening roles undertaken by our troops and K9 friends. I was hooked from page one it was such a detailed account I was on an emotional roller coaster throughout. It's so easy to put it to the backs of our civilian minds what is happening in other parts of the World, how others are risking their lives on a daily basis to protect others. The total dedication and the special bond between a dog handler and dog is explained really well throughout the book. A very worthwhile read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read - Uplifting Story, 3 Dec. 2012
I received this book as a gift and was not too sure what to expect. In the end I am pleased to say it was just a really uplifting read. A great recount of the difficult service that troops face out there and the incredible bond that formed between one army dog handler and his loyal dog. A definite recommended read.

Would just like to say thank you to the author for a great read but more importantly thank you to both you and Treo for your incredible service to the country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Heroism, 8 Jan. 2013
I have read recently Sgt Rex, also authored by Damien Lewis, and thought before the book that this book wouldn't offer anything different or be on a better level. How wrong was I!! This book is brilliantly better. It shows how courageous David Heyhoe and Treo are and the worst knowing what faces them every `operation' and the consequences for them both and their comrades if they get it wrong, or if the Taliban get it right! I'm sure the book could have been a lot longer and more detailed but it was so moving right till the end. Definitely a 5 stars for this book! Maybe a film next!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read, 23 Sept. 2013
Something for everyone, laughs and tears. An amazing story about the partnership of a man and his dog, the lives they saved and war they lived through. It deserves to be read.

It's All About Treo
It's All About Treo by Damien Lewis (Paperback - 20 Jun. 2013)