5.0 out of 5 stars "Went for a picnic in Hyde Park. Bridget was so excited to see the great Colin Firth statue, she almost had a stroke..."
"...But she couldn't quite reach."
Says it all really...

Nigh impossible to dislike, a quick jolly but darkly humoured dual-diary from 80-something care home residents, as dissimilar from each other as it is possible to be.

An occasional parody of the recent third Bridget Jones book (wrinkletons, calorie counting, a few plot similarities) it...
Published 7 months ago by K. J. Noyes

3.0 out of 5 stars haha
gave this to a friend called Joan. We all laughed. On reviewing my purchases I realise I have bought far too many jokey presents but they were funny including this one.
Published 6 months ago by review king

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 2 Feb 2014
J. Brien (Cambs, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bridget and Joan's Diary: A Parody: Mad About the Toy Boy (Hardcover)
I follow this account on twitter, so some of the content wasn't a complete surprise! A great Christmas stocking-filler; my daughter and I exchanged copies!

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute treat!, 2 Feb 2014
A wonderful silver parody, a cross between grumpy old women and ladies of letters. Am really looking forward to being old if I can have as much fun as these two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 31 Jan 2014
Perhaps being nearly Bridget's and Joan's ages, it appealed for the sheer fun of their lives and antics. Their relationship was sincere and well-meaning but always got screwed up in their intentions to each other. If my life becomes as funny I look forward to it!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 31 Jan 2014
Funny idea, but gets a bit "samey" and stops making you laigh afteer a while. I still read to end tho

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 29 Jan 2014
Very funny-husband said I sounded like a clucking chicken whilst reading it. Not really a mans book or a teenager ,
I took it to work and read out bits of it to the office staff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 29 Jan 2014
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were great and the dialogue was terrific. You can really imagine the two old ladies to be real.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud, 27 Jan 2014
Should be compulsory reading for all trainee nurses and care workers. This book is so close to what you find in many care homes.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a disappointment., 27 Jan 2014
Aphall "bookmaniac" (Devon UK) - See all my reviews
I recently read The Old Lady Who Broke All The Rules so I started to read Bridget and Joan's Diary full of hope for a good read. But it was a let down. I found it boring and not very amusing. Sorry Bridget Golightly, but I'm sure you have many readers who have/will ethoroughly enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 27 Jan 2014
D. Miller "Daisy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
A very funny book, just like previous readers, I found myself laughing out loud & getting some strange looks. Just a refreshing change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jan 2014
I laughed from beginning till the end - haven't laughed as much with a book since The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›

Bridget and Joan's Diary: A Parody: Mad About the Toy Boy
Bridget and Joan's Diary: A Parody: Mad About the Toy Boy by Joan Hardcastle (Hardcover - 10 Oct 2013)
4.99