"...But she couldn't quite reach."
Says it all really...

Nigh impossible to dislike, a quick jolly but darkly humoured dual-diary from 80-something care home residents, as dissimilar from each other as it is possible to be.

Published 9 months ago by K. J. Noyes

3.0 out of 5 stars haha
gave this to a friend called Joan. We all laughed. On reviewing my purchases I realise I have bought far too many jokey presents but they were funny including this one.
Published 8 months ago by review king

5.0 out of 5 stars "Went for a picnic in Hyde Park. Bridget was so excited to see the great Colin Firth statue, she almost had a stroke...", 8 Dec 2013
K. J. Noyes "Katy Noyes" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
"...But she couldn't quite reach."
Says it all really...

An occasional parody of the recent third Bridget Jones book (wrinkletons, calorie counting, a few plot similarities) it works very well in its own right.

Joan is sensible, smart, and sick of Bridget, who keeps interrupting her in the middle of her 25,000 piece Serial Killer jigsaw. Bridget is flighty, flirty, dirty and dotty.

These are their misadventures together. Through day trips, hospital trips, shopping trips and the world of speed dating and texting.

I smiled throughout. The juxtaposed diary sections, with Joan's wry voice showing exactly what happened each day and Bridget's flights of fancy and excess very, very funny and enjoyable. Some great one-liners all the way through, and a lovely ending - just as it should be.

Go on, it's not a Bridget book - more a manual for how to grow old disgracefully... We all need some pointers...

5.0 out of 5 stars Bridget and Joan's Diary, 25 Nov 2013
A laugh a minute book, following the antics of two ladies of advanced years.
Couldn't stop laughing, I hope I have the same spirit when I am their age.

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny book, 25 Nov 2013
recommend this to anyone who enjoys a light read and a good laugh.Easy to pick up at anytime its litrally like reading someones diary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughter for the soul, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Bridget and Joan's Diary: A Parody: Mad About the Toy Boy (Hardcover)
Can't remember when I laughed so loud or so long and on public transport as well! Got a few odd looks from fellow commuters, even managed to miss my train stop I was so engrossed but laughter is such a tonic and with the help of Bridget and Joan more people should try it! Couldn't put the book down, read it from cover to cover in one night. I recognised perhaps a few too many of my own traits in these two adorable little old ladies, which is both a worry for my family and a joy for me. Everyone should have a bit of Bridget and Joan in their lives so I've bought a few extra copies as gifts for friends who I know will benefit from the healing power of laughter. Thank you Bridget and Joan for brightening my mood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant....a real laugh out loud read., 23 Dec 2013
Started reading this book on a train journey. Couldn't smother my laughter even though other passengers kept staring at me

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud, 25 Dec 2013
I work in the admin office of a care home. This reminded me of more than a few residents. Wonderful characters who bring the book to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 26 Dec 2013
Bought as a joke for a friend who wanted 'Bridget Jones Diary'. Joke rebounded because she read this one first and liked it very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it me?, 10 Dec 2013
This book is hilarious - I bought it on Kindle for myself but have bought a hard copy as a gift for my dearest friend. I am definitely Bridget to her Joan and I would love us to grow old as disgracefully as these two characters (or at least Bridget as she is the naughty one).

4.0 out of 5 stars Birthday Present, 25 Nov 2013
This was a present for aunty, delivery was quick and the book was thoroughly enjoyed and it was a laugh out loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventure before Dementia, 8 Jan 2014
Who would have thought that two women in their eighties could have such fun. I have taken shares out with Tenna I laughed so much!

Bridget and Joan's Diary: A Parody: Mad About the Toy Boy
Bridget and Joan's Diary: A Parody: Mad About the Toy Boy by Joan Hardcastle (Hardcover - 10 Oct 2013)