5.0 out of 5 stars The best recipe book I have ever used
Using this book, I feel like I've been taught to cook again. I'm quite a good cook but needed some new ideas for what to cook for dinner, and now I pick this book up and make whatever matches the contents of my fridge. I have never wanted to cook every recipe in a book before but with this one I really do, they are just so reliably tasty. I've lost a load of weight with...
Published 1 month ago by Xtina

2.0 out of 5 stars Much too fussy
Sadly I have to agree with one of the other reviewers. Unless you have a family and lots of things in the store cupboard this really isn't that good. As someone doing the diet just for themselves, there are a lot of ingredients in many of the recipes, which whilst easy enough to get, the majority of it would be wasted - even taking into account making larger...
Published 8 months ago by Diamind

‹ Previous | 14 5 613 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good extra recipes simply written., 19 May 2014
This review is from: Fast Cook: Delicious low-calorie recipes to get you through your Fast Days (Paperback)
As an extra to the basic diet book which I have this publication is great. Some modifications to the recipes are possible to extend the variety of menus as it is simply written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab recipes, 7 Mar. 2014
Got this book in hope of inspiration for my fast day dinners as they had become rather dull (mainly soup) and I LOVE IT! I immediately jumped to the 'Lightning Quick' section and have tried the Prawn & Asparagus Stir Fry and it is delicious, Chicken with Chinese Spice also hit the spot and as I have a family it was easy to add some carbs to bump up their meal. I am a big fan of fish cakes so I am looking forward to trying them and the 'Fast Fish Pie' has also caught my eye along with countless other recipes. Thank you for helping me to get back on the 5-2 track!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you need, 16 Mar. 2015
Pamela Walker (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
Practical everday recipes that do not reuire too many special ingredients. everything is calorie conted . A really useful companion to cook from on fast days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast Cook: Mimi Spencer, 8 Oct. 2014
As a committed 5.2 dieters we need to have new ideas for the food we eat particularly in the evening. Fast Cook delivered really a great stimulus.. so thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book!, 5 April 2014
Not only is this packed with seriously tasty inspiration for meals to cook at home on fast days, it also has great tips on what to choose if faced with a take-away option and a really useful list of food combos that are tasty 'straight to the plate'. Both these have proved invaluable on work days when time constraints all to often have me making poor lunch choices.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 dieting - another book full of good ideas to keep me going through the miserable winter ..., 23 Nov. 2014
As one hooked on 5:2 dieting - another book full of good ideas to keep me going through the miserable winter months with tasty ideas to keep the weight off.

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful guide to compliment the 5-2 healthy lifestyle, 26 Aug. 2014
Some great recipes which aid advance preparation for fast days. It's often difficult when counting the calories but I find this a book a great help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple recipes, 5 May 2014
This book has very easy to follow simple recipes , which are both tasty and healthy and I would recommend it especially for the beginner cooks !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 5 April 2014
I've been following the Fast Diet on and off for about 6 months and was running short of meal options, falling back on about half a dozen dishes and getting bored, so this came at just the right time. Great ideas, who would have thought you could have Boston beans and ham on a 'low' day? It's being well used.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fancy recipes, 30 May 2014
I did like the look of some of the recipes, but they are all quite fancy and a lot of them are for four people and some are hard to split the recipe down to two. There is only myself and my partner and we don't like to freeze food, so a lot of these recipes are hard to use. To be honest, I've been using the recipes more for non-fast days.

‹ Previous | 14 5 613 | Next ›