5.0 out of 5 stars fab recipes
Published 5 months ago by Pamela Howard

2.0 out of 5 stars Much too fussy
Sadly I have to agree with one of the other reviewers. Unless you have a family and lots of things in the store cupboard this really isn't that good. As someone doing the diet just for themselves, there are a lot of ingredients in many of the recipes, which whilst easy enough to get, the majority of it would be wasted - even taking into account making larger...
Published 1 month ago by Diamind

5.0 out of 5 stars fab recipes, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fast Cook: Delicious low-calorie recipes to get you through your Fast Days (Paperback)
I've been following the 5:2 diet for the past three months and loving how it's made me feel. I've been struggling though with inspiration for what to eat on fast days and have ended up eating the same boring stuff every fast day for fear of introducing to many calories. So, this is exactly the book I've been looking for: great simple recipes and you know exactly how many calories you're consuming. In fact, there's quite a few which I'm going to try out on non-fast days as they look so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fast day ideas, 11 Mar 2014
Another great book from Mimi Spencer shows us that we can still enjoy our family staples ( bolognaise, Thai curries, coq au vin, fish pie etc.etc.) on our fast days. A few simple tweaks and the calories fall away... but not the flavour. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile cook book, 3 April 2014
Some lovely recipes in this book with lots of flavour. I can easily add vegetables etc. to beef up the calories so that the meal suits my husband and me without the need to cook two different meals. He isn't even aware that the meals are calorie controlled!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this book, very factual, 16 April 2014
I like this book, it is very factual and is helping me with my weight issues.

I would recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cooking, 14 April 2014
Brilliant. Many new recipes and some good old ones too. And all healthy and filling so no going without or left feeling hungry!

4.0 out of 5 stars Flavoursome food for fast days, 12 April 2014
Love this book; it gives me inspiration when I can't think what to cook. There are speedy recipes and also more elaborate ones for entertaining perhaps. None of them are difficult to make. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent selection of recoipes, 10 April 2014
This is the best fast diet cookbook by far that I have come across - more varied than the earlier one I bought

5.0 out of 5 stars Will be useful, 27 Mar 2014
This seems to be pretty comprehensive, and a lot simpler than other 5:2 cook books - and from the originator! - with some of the most basic types of meals to help me prepare for those fasting days. Some are more complex, but still concentrate on flavour. I look forward to enjoying them, and losing weight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice family favourite recipes, 14 Aug 2014
Lots of variation in the recipes means there's usually something you fancy for your fast day, and have all the ingredients in the kitchen! Some of the recipes from the Far East do contain ingredients I've not heard of, and will struggle to find (despite living in a major city) but they are in the minority.

The fast day favourites section has really helped me to do meals for the family in a lower calorie way - I usually just leave out the usual potato, rice or pasta and replace with veg or salad as the book suggests. Really like the little alternative recipes so I'm sure not to get bored.

I have the kindle version which in the most part is handy as I often plan my evening meal once I've eaten lunch - if I'm starving whilst at work I might add a piece of fruit and then lower my evening calorie allowance. There's a great list at the back of the book in order of the calories contained within the recipe.

I have learnt however that I'm not a great fan of kindle recipe books - navigating is not as easy as flicking through the physical pages for my favourite recipes, and when I need a meal containing a particular ingredient, it's not so easy to locate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast Cook, 13 Jun 2014
all calories pre counted for you so if you are stuck for ideas look through this book for some tasty menues

Fast Cook: Delicious low-calorie recipes to get you through your Fast Days