5.0 out of 5 stars The best recipe book I have ever used
Published 3 months ago by Xtina

2.0 out of 5 stars Much too fussy
Published 10 months ago by Diamind

2.0 out of 5 stars Much too fussy, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Fast Cook: Delicious low-calorie recipes to get you through your Fast Days (Paperback)
Sadly I have to agree with one of the other reviewers. Unless you have a family and lots of things in the store cupboard this really isn't that good. As someone doing the diet just for themselves, there are a lot of ingredients in many of the recipes, which whilst easy enough to get, the majority of it would be wasted - even taking into account making larger batches/freezing etc, As it's only 2 days a week, I really would have loved to have a book, that gives quick, simple recipes to get over those 2 days and actually found the ones in the original diet book better. I think I will just make up my own calorie counted meals rather than waste money on any more of these diet recipe books.

I have given it a 2 star rating really more on the fact that there is a good cross section of ideas, but as said that's fine if doing for 2 or more but not useful for one

5.0 out of 5 stars The best recipe book I have ever used, 8 Feb. 2015
Using this book, I feel like I've been taught to cook again. I'm quite a good cook but needed some new ideas for what to cook for dinner, and now I pick this book up and make whatever matches the contents of my fridge. I have never wanted to cook every recipe in a book before but with this one I really do, they are just so reliably tasty. I've lost a load of weight with the fast diet and don't need to lose more, but this book is still rarely back on the shelf. If you don't already have a drawer full of spices you may have to pick up quite a lot of new ingredients in the beginning, but you will use them over and over and they are cheap. The recipes are not complicated, most are very quick to sling together. If you are doing 5:2 these meals will taste like the most delicious food on earth if you have them for your main meal of the day. You will hardly believe you are eating 'diet' food, and I guess it really is more of a lifestyle change. I'm hugely grateful to Mimi Spencer for this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fast day ideas, 11 Mar. 2014
Another great book from Mimi Spencer shows us that we can still enjoy our family staples ( bolognaise, Thai curries, coq au vin, fish pie etc.etc.) on our fast days. A few simple tweaks and the calories fall away... but not the flavour. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile cook book, 3 April 2014
Some lovely recipes in this book with lots of flavour. I can easily add vegetables etc. to beef up the calories so that the meal suits my husband and me without the need to cook two different meals. He isn't even aware that the meals are calorie controlled!

5.0 out of 5 stars fab recipes, 6 Mar. 2014
I've been following the 5:2 diet for the past three months and loving how it's made me feel. I've been struggling though with inspiration for what to eat on fast days and have ended up eating the same boring stuff every fast day for fear of introducing to many calories. So, this is exactly the book I've been looking for: great simple recipes and you know exactly how many calories you're consuming. In fact, there's quite a few which I'm going to try out on non-fast days as they look so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent selection of recoipes, 10 April 2014
This is the best fast diet cookbook by far that I have come across - more varied than the earlier one I bought

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice family favourite recipes, 14 Aug. 2014
Lots of variation in the recipes means there's usually something you fancy for your fast day, and have all the ingredients in the kitchen! Some of the recipes from the Far East do contain ingredients I've not heard of, and will struggle to find (despite living in a major city) but they are in the minority.

The fast day favourites section has really helped me to do meals for the family in a lower calorie way - I usually just leave out the usual potato, rice or pasta and replace with veg or salad as the book suggests. Really like the little alternative recipes so I'm sure not to get bored.

I have the kindle version which in the most part is handy as I often plan my evening meal once I've eaten lunch - if I'm starving whilst at work I might add a piece of fruit and then lower my evening calorie allowance. There's a great list at the back of the book in order of the calories contained within the recipe.

I have learnt however that I'm not a great fan of kindle recipe books - navigating is not as easy as flicking through the physical pages for my favourite recipes, and when I need a meal containing a particular ingredient, it's not so easy to locate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good food, 12 April 2014
Have tried some of the menus and they are very tasty so would recommend it to anyone who wants to lose weight without it being to much like hard work

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this book, very factual, 16 April 2014
I like this book, it is very factual and is helping me with my weight issues.

I would recommend this book

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast Cook, 13 Jun. 2014
all calories pre counted for you so if you are stuck for ideas look through this book for some tasty menues

Fast Cook: Delicious low-calorie recipes to get you through your Fast Days