5.0 out of 5 stars fab recipes
Published 4 months ago by Pamela Howard

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast Cook
The book arrived very promptly. It wasn't as useful as I had hoped. I was looking for very low calorie recipes for fasting days and this book wasn't particularly helpful in this respect. The other recipes are fine for other occasions.
I wouldn't recommend it for the purpose I chose it.
Published 1 month ago by Misty

5.0 out of 5 stars fab recipes, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fast Cook: Delicious low-calorie recipes to get you through your Fast Days (Paperback)
I've been following the 5:2 diet for the past three months and loving how it's made me feel. I've been struggling though with inspiration for what to eat on fast days and have ended up eating the same boring stuff every fast day for fear of introducing to many calories. So, this is exactly the book I've been looking for: great simple recipes and you know exactly how many calories you're consuming. In fact, there's quite a few which I'm going to try out on non-fast days as they look so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fast day ideas, 11 Mar 2014
Another great book from Mimi Spencer shows us that we can still enjoy our family staples ( bolognaise, Thai curries, coq au vin, fish pie etc.etc.) on our fast days. A few simple tweaks and the calories fall away... but not the flavour. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile cook book, 3 April 2014
Some lovely recipes in this book with lots of flavour. I can easily add vegetables etc. to beef up the calories so that the meal suits my husband and me without the need to cook two different meals. He isn't even aware that the meals are calorie controlled!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast Cook, 28 May 2014
I wouldn't recommend it for the purpose I chose it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this book, very factual, 16 April 2014
I like this book, it is very factual and is helping me with my weight issues.

I would recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cooking, 14 April 2014
Brilliant. Many new recipes and some good old ones too. And all healthy and filling so no going without or left feeling hungry!

4.0 out of 5 stars Flavoursome food for fast days, 12 April 2014
Love this book; it gives me inspiration when I can't think what to cook. There are speedy recipes and also more elaborate ones for entertaining perhaps. None of them are difficult to make. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent selection of recoipes, 10 April 2014
This is the best fast diet cookbook by far that I have come across - more varied than the earlier one I bought

5.0 out of 5 stars Will be useful, 27 Mar 2014
This seems to be pretty comprehensive, and a lot simpler than other 5:2 cook books - and from the originator! - with some of the most basic types of meals to help me prepare for those fasting days. Some are more complex, but still concentrate on flavour. I look forward to enjoying them, and losing weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Tasty, 10 Mar 2014
I got this book a couple of days ago, it so straightforward, with lots of really tasty recipes. We have already tried several of them and agree with the previous review I will be using this on non fast days too. It is also very useful to have the recipe by calorie count table at the back which saves you from having to flick through the book every time you want to find the a recipe with a particular calorie count. I also like the size and look of the book. Another great book Mimi.

Fast Cook: Delicious low-calorie recipes to get you through your Fast Days