5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness Revealed?
A short simple book that takes the reader on a gentle journey with Giles which ends with him sharing his 7 secrets fo happiness. These are not necessarily secret, but they are primarily undiscovered or maybe unappreciated. I loved this book, it made me feel happy and it made me feel like I could think about these things and I would feel happy again- what more could I ask?
Published 14 months ago by Mazza

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and fun but lacks depth or uniqueness
This is a decent book and fun to read (I read it in the bath as it is tiny) but I missed any reference to any eastern points of view on mindfulness and chi and found it a little too shallow.
Too much in this book of "me and the old boys were in the houses of parliament having a rather smug time" stuff going on here for my liking, despite a few good stories,...
Published 7 months ago by Simon Scott

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A little help when needed, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: 7 Secrets of Happiness (Paperback)
A very interesting helpful book. Well worth a read. Only a thin paperback so can read in a day. Write the seven secrets down and look at them each day.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 7 Oct 2013
i picked this reading book as a good read because of the writer gyles brandreth i brillliant person and good writer too

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 19 Jun 2014
Mr. Neil Humphrey (Brentwood, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 7 Secrets of Happiness (Paperback)
All good, nothing bad! A fab-u-lous purchase! An excellent read, delivered in a prompt and appropriate manner! I would recommend the book to anyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Secrets ???, 26 Sep 2013
Basic stuff - lots of 'name dropping'
2 Secrets are contradictory, Don't expect much.
Hardly worth the purchase price.

John Lawlor

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: 7 Secrets of Happiness (Paperback)
Could have been said in two pages or less. Really lengthy and spread out. Don't bother wasting time reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER WINNER FROM GILES, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: 7 Secrets of Happiness (Paperback)
Giles Brandreth is much-maligned in the Press for some reason, but I've always found him to be a 'good sort' and was intrigued by this book as I do like his matter-of-fact attitude to Life.

I wasn't disappointed.

In a nutshell - and without giving much away - it takes the reader into a short journey into appreciation, something we aren't very good at, are we? We all rush around in our lives, wanting to earn more and more, working longer hours, rushing round and it's only when tragedy or illness (either our own or to a loved one) strikes us, that we ask "What's it all for?".

If you are at such an impasse in your life, buy this book. You will be all the better for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brandreth offers real insight, 10 May 2014
This review is from: 7 Secrets of Happiness (Paperback)
A huge number of books have been written on the subject of happiness. However, I think that this smallish book may be all you need. It's clear, concise, quick and easy to read, amusing, and full of insight. It won't tell you how to be happy if you're suffering from a debilitating mental health condition, or maybe if you have experienced great loss in some way. However, to help in dealing with the usual multitude of worries and disappointments in every day, it's ideal. I originally borrowed a copy from my local library, but found that visitors kept picking it up and burying their heads in it, so bought a copy. It's always popular with visitors and guests.

4.0 out of 5 stars 7 secrets of happiness, 6 April 2014
An easy read, full of advice with clear pathways to achieve results. Brandreth has many people connections thus spicing up the text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, 5 April 2014
Mrs. J. Walsh (UK) - See all my reviews
I have truly appreciated reading this book which I read during a time of unhappiness. I shall keep it close by as I put into practice the wise and kind advice Gyles has shared.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 7 Secrets of Happiness..., 1 April 2014
Saw Gyles on Alan Titchmarsh' s show and decided to download this book, brilliant, funny, thought provoking definitely worth the read and putting into practice.
Would definitely recommend this one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

7 Secrets of Happiness
7 Secrets of Happiness by Gyles Brandreth (Paperback - 5 Sep 2013)