4.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes
I very nearly didn't buy this book due to the negative comments on here. I am quite fussy about cookbooks and like a certain format of 1 recipe per page accompanied with a photo. When I saw all the comments about the expensive and unusual ingredients, I had images of pigs cheeks, fois gras, sea urchin etc etc.

I have now read every recipe through and I would...
Published 16 months ago by FLB

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that useful
I was disappointed as the book has not been of much use.

First, many of the recipes are for families and therefore not much use to singles or couples.

Second, the recipes give only total calorie counts, making it difficult/impossible to modify to fit remaining calorie quotas as calorie counts for each ingredient are not given.

Third, most...
Published 11 months ago by Warwick Ashford

4.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, 10 Jun 2013
FLB (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Fast Diet Recipe Book: 150 Delicious, Calorie-controlled Meals to Make Your Fasting Days Easy (Paperback)

I have now read every recipe through and I would say that for the average cook, the BBC Good Food readers, or Delia/Jamie fans amongst us, this book has nothing unusual in it. In fact, the first recipe I made, the Teriyaki Chicken was delicious and found a use for the bottle of Mirin I had unused in my cupboard. I didn't have any Sake though, so I improvised with Grappa....I guess vodka would do the trick too.....it was delicious, super simple and the kids loved it.

I can't wait to try some of the other dishes, as I read them through I was thinking 'yum yum' to most of them.

Some of the ingredients you might have to buy specially (such as mirin) but once it is in your cupboard you could use it again, and it certainly wasn't expensive!

So do give it a try, it has inspired me to try the 5:2 diet again because when I had a brief dabble with it before I relied on eggs and yoghurt!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 6 Jun 2013
E. Forster (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
Both my wife and myself are doing this diet and after three weeks we have both lost 9 pounds. The book has some great recipes and good information about the diet. I must admit though that I did see it cheaper in my local supermarket.

4.0 out of 5 stars 5/2 Fasting Diet, 7 Oct 2013
Good clear instructions with plenty of meal suggestions. I've lost 11 Kg already. My wife & I use our 500 & 600 cals allowance at breakfast & evening meal only, skipping lunch -- this seems to work better.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good diet book and easy to follow!, 8 July 2013
An easy to follow, delicious healthy recipes. Although I feel hungry at lunchtime, the suppers are filling, and the diet works

5.0 out of 5 stars Diet? What diet!, 2 Jun 2013
The best book I have ever bought. Bought it four months ago and have already lost two stone. Anyone who struggles with losing weight should try it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that useful, 17 Nov 2013
I was disappointed as the book has not been of much use.

Third, most of the recipes do not cover normal, everyday kinds of meals. If I were to buy another fast diet recipe book, I would look for one that caters for singles and provides calorie counts for each ingredient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 28 April 2013
The only cookery book I now need! Lovely pictures too. Will make fast days - and normal days - so much easier now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 2 May 2013
Lovely book to help me with my fast days and non fast days. Beautiful pictures and easy to follow instructions. Recipes I've made so far have been delicious, especially the lightweight cottage pie, never had tried celeriac before but what a surprise, even my husband liked it. I would recommend this book even if you haven't got the original fast day diet book as all the rules and guidelines of fasting are explained fully at the beginning of this book. Very useful index at back as recipes are in order of calorie count, great for when you've cheated a little and need a quick scan to find a meal within your remaining calorie quota. Very happy I bought this book and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars An informed and interesting read, 30 April 2013
Some very nice, simple and easy recipes which are helping me not just on my Fast Days! Have recommended to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 6 July 2014
Great recipes, gorgeous photography. Makes low calorie eating inspirational. I look forward to eating these recipes rather than feeling I am being deprived of anything. I will still use this book even when not wanting to lose weight. Very easy to follow, no obscure ingredients - apart from pomegranate molasses, but found it is Tesco's. I fully recommend this and it is a firm favourite in my house.