Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 March 2014
This should be required reading for anyone considering illustration as a career. Rees is an illustrator who started his career before social media and computers, and his experience 'before' and 'after' the computer-dominated world of illustration is invaluable. Rees now runs his own agency for illustrators so has a wealth of experience to share. This he does, in my opinion, in the most useful way - with very clearly delineated chapters on how to train, how to network, financial aspects and so on, written from a personal viewpoint, but with very clear dos and don'ts which are so incredibly useful. Each chapter is broken up with Q&As with working illustrators. I am a writer, about to start a foundation in art, with the ultimate aim of working as an illustrator. This book has made me think, given me a real heads up as to the journey ahead - but also, cemented in my mind that I am making the right decision. SO glad to have found it. By the way - I HAVE NEVER MET THE WRITER! I am taking time out of a busy life to write this review because I am genuinely impressed with this book!
on 10 March 2015
Great book and was in really good condition. I would recommend anyone who is interested in illustration to purchase this books tells you everything you need to know.
on 27 February 2016
I loved this book. Read through it very speedily and went back through it for missed details afterwards.
on 19 January 2015
such a good book, highly recommended by local art college packed with lots of information
on 11 February 2015
Great read, full of useful tips, would reccomend to a friend.
on 9 October 2015
This should be in any illustration student's library.
on 14 May 2015
Excellent. Bought for my daughter who is studying Illustration at uni. She already had the first edition, but was very pleased to receive this recently updated version.
on 20 February 2015
Great!
on 9 December 2015
Don't like the book though
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse