5.0 out of 5 stars A great investment.
I'm really glad my fiancee recommended this book to me as a little hobby I could spend my time on. I must admit the thought of buying a colouring book at the age of 28 had not even begun occur to me! But, having seen previews of the pages of this book, I knew immediately that it would be a great investment.

Having now started colouring my first page, I realise...
Published 22 months ago by Alexander J. Dunn

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully flawed
Beautiful book but the paper is shocking. Choose your colouring tools carefully as the paper is very absorbent and bleeds through to the other side. Disappointing.
Published 9 months ago by Sarah Chesters

‹ Previous | 115 16 1740 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully flawed, 10 Sept. 2014
C. Kemp - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book (Paperback)
Beautiful designs and a lovely book, but as other reviews state, the paper quality lets it down and I think it could have had better binding as well. Such a shame, but it is such a lovely book I am glad I purchased it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 8 Dec. 2013
This colouring book was bought for me by me, beautiful pictures, but the paper was a little rough, I thought the pens may bleed, hence the four stars. However it's so gorgeous, I am buying another one for a friend.

3.0 out of 5 stars but the paper quality is poor and there is a lot of bleed through, 26 Jan. 2015
Disappointing. The designs are lovely, but the paper quality is poor and there is a lot of bleed through. The result is you can only use every other page. Its a shame, because this could be something very special.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice reference book, 24 Feb. 2014
Yes, it is a pity this book was published on 'blotting paper', certainly no good for watercolour painting or fiber tip pens, but the floral decoration is inventive, gives me lots of inspiration to draw my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars A couple of hopefully helpful hints :-), 7 Oct. 2013
helen "muppet" (cornwall) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I loved the look of this book and it didn't take much persuasion to order it, it is beautifully illustrated. I used colour pencils on mine, didn't even consider pens, I would suggest using soft pencils (like watercolour ones) so they don't leave indentations on the previous or next page, I would also recommend placing a piece of card behind the page you are working on so that there is less colour transference ( e.g if you are on page 3 the colour may transfer from page 2 on to page 1)does that make sense? It also lessens the indentations. A lovely book but like some other reviews the paper could be better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow !!, 29 May 2013
It's such a beautiful book to own - I am looking forward to colouring the intricate designs but even just to look through and enjoy the artwork is enough! The perfect colouring book for grown ups - love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book. I have really enjoyed it, 5 Feb. 2015
Mrs. F. M. Pinsker "fionap19" (Bristol,England) - See all my reviews
Beautiful book. I have really enjoyed it. As a few people say the only down side of it is the quality of the paper and the fact that every page is printed. I tried felt tips and they bled through which did rather spoil it, but i found gel pens are gorgeous on it and soft artists pencils also work well. i have just about coloured the whole thing! i will be buying her next one but I do wish it was printed on every other page...just a suggestion publishers! Love the fact that you can colour the cover, the dust jacket etc...and as you add bits to some of the pages it really becomes a work of art!

4.0 out of 5 stars Some details hard to see without good reading glasses, 8 July 2014
Bought for grandmother who wanted to colour. Some details hard to see without good reading glasses!
Very beautiful pictures only to be coloured in with coloured pencils as paper not the best quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality paper, 11 Mar. 2015
Absolutely beautiful illustrations and I could not wait to receive this book. Unfortunately the paper quality is extremely poor making it not fit for purpose. Really disappointing and such a shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colouring book., 4 Dec. 2014
Beautiful intricate designs, a colouring book for adults! The page quality is good, but won't withstand something like a Sharpie, or a really inky fineliner. Something relaxing to do in the evenings!

‹ Previous | 115 16 1740 | Next ›

Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book
Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book by Johanna Basford (Paperback - 4 Mar. 2013)
Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 weeks