5.0 out of 5 stars The World is a Wedding
This is the sequel to the delightful The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price, Purveyor of Superior Funerals. Although this can be read as a stand alone novel, it makes much more sense to read the books in order and understand why the characters have ended up where they are. In This novel, we find Wilfred now married to the beautiful Flora, while Grace has fled,...
Published 20 months ago by S Riaz

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to catch up with the characters
Having read the first book I would suggest you read it before picking this one up. You can read this one without having read the first but I think you would enjoy it more checking out the first part of the story. We pick up with Wilfred Price, undertaker and funeral director, set in 1925. After a quick and painful marriage to Grace, he is now looking toward his impending...
Published 8 months ago by Lainy

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read!, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The World is a Wedding (Hardcover)
A beautifully and tenderly written story following the lives of both Grace and Wilfred Price from Wendy Jones' previous novel, `The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price, Purveyor of Superior Funerals'. I think this novel has the edge on her first novel (which I also enjoyed immensely) but, without giving too much away, I love how she ties everything together in the end and makes perfect sense of the title, `The World Is A Wedding.' I would strongly recommend reading this novel. Wendy Jones is a very talented writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The World is a Wedding (Hardcover)
I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and didn't want to put it down. I hope Wendy keeps writing more books, and I look forward to maybe a follow on from this one.

Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The World is a Wedding (Hardcover)
Fast becoming one of my favourite new authors. Rushed out to buy this and was not disappointed. She is very good at tackling big, difficult themes, and her books always get me thinking about things in a new way which is what a good book should do. I will be eagerly awaiting her next one. If there is one small critique it's that she can sometimes cover some of these topics in a lighter tone than they deserve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wise, warm and witty!, 13 Oct. 2013
Lone Blichert (Sao Paulo, SP Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The World is a Wedding (Hardcover)
This is one of those books that finish all too soon! Wendy Jones gives a delicate and sharp observation of us fellow humans, with much love and forgivings to our shortcomings. The story opens wonderfully and keeps developing as you read along and each sentence is beautifully shaped. I loved this as I loved Jones' first book on Wilfred Price - may there be more soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The World is a Wedding (Hardcover)
I loved this book.Once again I was nearly late for work as I couldnt put it down. The sense of place and time were totally involving. Unknown details about the suffragette movement were included in an informative and natural way. From the joyous title to the great ending the continuing story of Wilfred Price delighted and enthralled me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I waited with anticipation, 13 April 2014
This review is from: The World is a Wedding (Hardcover)
Having read and throughly enjoyed the first Wilfred Price novel i was eagerly anticipating the next.The first novel is such a beautiful, tender tale written with such care to the characters that ist is impossible not to care what happens to them next. Both books have a dark side to them without being cynical. Its a joy to read a novel that is knowing but not bitter or ironic in a way that some writers seem to feel that they have to be. This book takes us to both London and Wales in interesting plot turns that kept me engaged until the climax. I want the next one now!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 2 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The World is a Wedding (Hardcover)
I can't recommend this book enough. I loved The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price and Wendy Jones has produced another accomplished book. A real page turner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ebook, 23 April 2014
Bought the first one as a deal of the day. Enjoyed it enough to buy this sequel. A gentle read of a bygone era

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be a multi-million seller, 5 Nov. 2013
I was delighted when I found that the author had a sequel to the utterly wonderful The Thoughts & Happenings of Wilfred Price, Purveyor of Superior Funerals, as it gave me a chance to catch up with the well drawn and lovely characters of Wilfred, Flora and Grace as well as the multitude of delightful secondary characters which are portrayed with such warmth and humour. Again, I felt myself smiling as I read this and I would love to see and read a whole collection of Wilfred Price novels. I would recommend reading The Thoughts & Happenings of Wilfred Price, Purveyor of Superior Funerals first and afterwards I'm sure you will be longing to read more! I really do think these novels should out-sell Harry Potter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 26 Mar. 2015
Thought provoking book which expands and augments the issues covered in the first book. The book offers quite deep insights into the characters who, aside from the normal joys of life, need to deal with quite dark situations, complex relationships and internal struggles.

The World is a Wedding
The World is a Wedding by Wendy Jones (Hardcover - 5 Sept. 2013)