5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality
Item was good quality and was purchased for a gift for a daily mail reader. It was dispatched promptly and only took time to get to me because of the Christmas post rush.
Published on 2 Jan 2012 by RK1983

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor man's version of the Telegraph book
Published 22 months ago by mgf

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor man's version of the Telegraph book, 15 Nov 2012
This review is from: I've Said It Before...: Unpublished Letters to the Daily Mail (Hardcover)
I was given this book as a gift as I'd previously read "Am I Along in Thinking...? Unpublished Letters to the Daily Telegraph". The difference between the level of contributions between these two books is night and day. The Daily Telegraph version is a great example of British humour and quirk, with page upon page of hilarious reader viewpoints. Sadly I discovered "I've Said it Before" is nowhere near being in the same league. Perhaps I'm not the type of reader suited to the Daily Mail but in a large part the letters contained aren't even remotely amusing. Some don't even seem to make sense as stand alone entries. I was left re-reading several trying to fathom what merited its entry into the book.
With several other editions of the Daily Telegraph letters available I know which papers letters I'll be reading in the future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Daily Mail Fail, 10 Mar 2012
D TAIT (Soth Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Many of the published letters in the Daily Mail seem to sum up its readership - little Englanders with lots of complaints. But then I suppose that's the effect that reading the Daily Mail has on people. This book of unpublished letters is dry, dreary, though sometimes with the odd missive that makes one chuckle, but a real reflection on the poor souls who read this "newspaper."

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing compared with the Daily Telegraph equivalent, 7 Feb 2012
R. I. Gilliver (Macclesfield, UK) - See all my reviews
After Christmas, I treated myself to this book and also to the Daily Telegraph equivalent: "I Rest My Case...".
I've now read both and whereas I laughed out loud at some of the DTel letters I only found some of the Daily Mail letters faintly amusing.
It may be that the two newspapers attract different types of readership, and/or different styles of correspondence.
However, I think the difference in editing styles might be the key.
Whereas I have re-read the DTel book, and also bought new copies for two friends both of whom are recovering from operations (who have both said they are enjoying dipping into it), I don't think I'd recommend the Daily Mail book.
It's an amusing enough read, but not a 'page turner'.

3.0 out of 5 stars A pale imitation, 7 Feb 2012
Nicola Hardy (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
From the enigmatic title through to the almost-Matt-style cartoon on the front cover, it's clear that Daily Mail letters editor Andy Simpson was hoping to emulate the success of the Daily Telegraph's 'Unpublished Letters' series with this publication. Whereas the (often extreme) views of the Telegraph letter writers may cause a reader to laugh out loud, either in agreement or utter disbelief, the Daily Mail's offering appears somewhat bland by comparison.

The book is divided into nineteen categories, covering everything from the Royal family and politics through to celebrities and fox hunting. Whilst the collection does contain some amusing and thought-provoking contributions, too often the editor allows the letter writer to ramble on unchecked. This leaves us with a less-than-thrilling monologue on 'the pace of modern life' (where the author outlines an almost disturbingly detailed plan for the human race to embrace a simpler existence) sitting next to a lengthy speech exalting the glories of the compact disc (because music downloads are worthless, apparantly).

When I downloaded this book, I was secretly hoping to witness the unleashing of the kind of vitriolic views that would make me howl in disbelief, tempered with a good measure of pithy humour. For the most part, I got neither, which was a shame.

This review refers to the Kindle edition of 'I've Said It Before' downloaded on 7 February 2012. I read this ebook on the Kindle app for iPad.

2.0 out of 5 stars I've said it before - I've read it before!, 27 Dec 2012
I downloaded this book onto my kindle as it was quite cheap; I now know why. Some of the letters seem familiar and only a small minority are very funny. The majority, at most might bring a smile to the face but no laugh. Some irritate and do not amuse - people complaining about people saying "hi". I would not recommend this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars If you only have a few minutes to spare, 10 Mar 2012
This is the kind of book you will not want to spend a lot of time studying. And it certainly won't grip your attention. But with a few minutes to spare, some of the entries are amusing, some boring, but at least you don't have to remeber the plot. All kinds of people write letters to newspapers, so you will read all kinds of things, but don't expect too much intelligent humour.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nasty little letters by nasty little people, 18 Feb 2013
It's a great pity that the vast majority of these unpublished letters were published. Most are nasty, sanctimonious, small-minded, pusillanimous (yes, I know that means the same thing, but it's a lovely word and a shame to waste it) rants from the green ink brigade. Sadly the few funny or sensible letters do not redeem the majority. If you buy this book, bury it.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but!, 27 July 2013
Peter C (Sevenoaks UK) - See all my reviews
Only a rehash of readers correspondence to a Daily newspaper. Since I see the Daily Mail every day - why bother!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 2 Jan 2012

I've Said It Before...: Unpublished Letters to the Daily Mail
I've Said It Before...: Unpublished Letters to the Daily Mail by Andrew Simpson (Hardcover - 22 Sep 2011)