Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 January 2014
I read both these books in quick succession as having enjoyed the first one so much I was very keen to read the next one. It certainly didn't disappoint & if anything was even better that the first. Dr Sparrow has the rare knack of making you laugh on one page & cry on the next. His observational skills are amazing, & although I expect the characters portrayed are all composites every one who lives in the countryside will have known people similar to those portrayed, if not in nature then in circumstance.
Dr Sparrow - if you see this PLEASE hurry up with next one - let me know if you need a proof reader. (I'd be rubbish, but at least I'd get to see it sooner !).
on 5 December 2012
I love funny stories from Doctors, Vets, Policemen, - anyone who deals with us peculiar public! But Dr. Sparrow's book just isn't what it says on the front cover. Instead we have stories of when he trained and when he first became a junior Doctor. And I do wonder how he managed to pass his exams! Most of the time he seemed drunk, sleepless (yes, I know all about junior Doctors in Hospitals being on duty for days on end, but often this was due to riotous goings-on!) and really, by the end of the book I was glad he was not my Doctor!

Having said all that, the stories he tells are mostly very funny - there's just too many of them in one book!
on 20 February 2014
I enjoy this type of book and this one is really good. This is the second book from this author and his writing is well worth a read, it was funny and sad in parts but mostly his concern and care for his patients comes through very strongly. I would recommend this book to anyone - and you don't have to have read the first book to enjoy this one although I would definitely suggest buying them both anyway.
on 27 June 2014
Although some of it is slightly wacky, life often can be stranger than fiction. I like the human side of this book which shows that doctors are just humans not some sort of super-humans. They can only do their best and they make mistakes like everyone else.
on 6 March 2014
Rambling stories if life as an intern, including a boring chapter about induction into the military. Not "riotous" as the cover claims, not even hilarious, more like mildly humorous. Would be a good book for the waiting room of a GP.
on 15 June 2014
This is the second Michael Sparrow book I've bought to date, bring em on!! The mixture of stories from the local practice and his time in the service mix well. Makes me think twice before going to a doctor after reading it!
on 15 June 2015
Disappointed. The Author came over as childishness and arrogant, he got into the profession with such ease. Most doctors have to put in enormous amount of work and are dedicated to their chosen vocation.
on 20 December 2012
This is the 'All Creatures Great & Small' for GPs rather than vets.
It's very engagingly written, and always funny, moving or often both.
Hard to put down.
on 14 February 2014
Great sequel work all the attributes of the first book. .. More of the same but in no way boring and had to read it. .. funny witty sad humorous down to earth. ..
on 1 July 2013
brought as a present for my sister if she enjoys it as much as I have since I started reading it I am sure she will get the other by Michael Sparrow