5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Read

2.0 out of 5 stars I Personally Don't Like It As A Christian Reader
Published 26 days ago by nowayout001

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Read, 15 Aug. 2013
Mr. Alasdair B. Gordon (Scotland (UK)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Pope (Paperback)
I had read Robert Howell's earlier book on The Priory of Zion and was really looking forward to his next book. I was not disappointed. Mr Howells is not some mad conspiracy theorist and takes a balanced yet open minded approach. A very useful aspect of the current book is the excellent treatment of the subject of prophecy across a wide number of traditions. It is worth buying the book for this section alone. The writer takes us carefully through the various prophecies about succeeding Popes up to and including Francis I. He does not force any view on the reader and we are left to make up our own minds. Overall, this is a very interesting book. My recommendation is read the book for yourself. I hope that we can look forward to further publications from this author.

2.0 out of 5 stars I Personally Don't Like It As A Christian Reader, 5 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Last Pope (Paperback)
Too New Agey, has typos, but it does make a unique good point, prophecy is more of a science than an art, this book illustrates the point well. It makes no distinction between the kind of divination that is diabolic and the kind that is acceptable to God. It is suitable for the New Ager, but probably not for the Christian. From the Scriptures, there are still centuries for this world until Jesus Christ comes again, so if the last pope is living now then the Roman Catholic Church will be destroyed way before He returns. Seems rather implausible to me unless God has disowned one of the oldest churches in existence.

The Last Pope
The Last Pope by Robert Howells (Paperback - 20 Jun. 2013)