on 1 August 2013
Only tried one recipe so far -- the simple nut roast. This was pretty good served hot, cold -- and sliced/browned in a frying pan as "burgers". The rest of the book also looks interesting and will be trying more soon.
on 5 March 2016
The recipes from this book don't look that appealing but I've given a few a go. The Tres Leche cake is absolutely vile. I think it's missing some ingredients because it doesn't right at all. I've now wasted 6 eggs and a load of condensed milk etc.
There are far better veggie cookbooks out there. The Prasad Indian cookbooks, for example, if you're looking for something a little exotic.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 3 November 2014
Global seems to be the theme of the year in cookery. The message is source locally, cook with international flavours and influences. Culturally diverse recipes are easy to follow and provide the cook with four sections embracing starters; mains; salads and side dishes and desserts. Classics sit beside less well-known dishes. This champion of global cuisine has a wealth of recipes including Carrot Fudge from India, Mojitos from Mexico, Gooseberry Fool from Britain, Cinnamon Buns from South Korea, Nasi Goreng from Malaysia, Eggplant Bake from Turkey, Falafel from Sudan and so much more. One small criticism, for some recipes you see the ingredients in the accompanying photo and not what you are making. This book should be a welcome addition for any vegetarian or anyone who cooks for a vegetarian.
on 31 December 2013
I bought this for my sister and she is thrilled with it. There are recipes from all over the world and there are two indexes so that you can find recipes by type or country.
on 1 April 2015
I knew what to expect as I had borrowed if from the library and liked so many recipes,even though I am not a vegetarian, that I ordered thdbook
on 19 December 2014
This is a beautiful book and I would recommend it.