5.0 out of 5 stars Wish it came spiral-bound but otherwise quite helpful
Published 4 months ago by MrsPaul

3.0 out of 5 stars RG DIY
Very basic, if you have some knowledge of heating and plumbing you will probably not learn anything from this book
Published 13 months ago by gkai

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish it came spiral-bound but otherwise quite helpful, 6 Mar. 2015
MrsPaul (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Reader's Digest DIY: Plumbing and Heating: Step by step instructions Expert guidance Helpful tips (Hardcover)
This book is amazing! I opened it to the ‘Replacing a WC pan’ pages, walked into the bathroom with the book open and was able to describe everything involved to my sceptical husband (he still doesn't think I can do 'real' DIY). We then went into the kitchen with the very inconveniently placed radiator and I was able to discuss the process of moving it. I was even able to flip to the correct pages regarding building regulation compliance. All within an hour of the postie delivering the book!

While not as in-depth as I would like – for example after reading and re-reading the introductory pages (how house plumbing works in the UK) I still don’t know why my water pressure drops when the neighbour runs water (we’re in a semi-detached), it’s an excellent first step into plumbing and heating understanding and simple DIY. I’m glad to have it in my home library and can now look for other books with more detail. I do understand my husband's scepticism - he's a retired historic building conservation consultant and I know some of my ideas for our reno are not practical. This (and the other UK specific DIY books I've bought recently) book has been a huge help keeping my feet on ground and enabling informed discussion with my husband.

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected from a Readers Digest guide., 8 Aug. 2014
Step by step, as it says in the title. Doesn't cover the idiosyncrasies of every house but that is to be expected. An extensive and comprehensive guide as per normal from RD titles. Invaluable to someone starting out on renovating their own home.

3.0 out of 5 stars RG DIY, 7 Jun. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 May 2015
okay for anyone who is not to sure where to start or what to do

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Mar. 2015
Excellent source of useful info for the DIYer

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 April 2015
Easy to understand and follow, good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Readers Digest plumbing and heating book, 18 Sept. 2014
This book looks very good and arrived as promised. I haven't used it for reference yet but looks clear and easy to follow from my brief look.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plumbing book, 27 May 2013
it's a really good book, lots of details and information, It explains things clearly and effectively. suitable for plumbers and those that like D.I.Y.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Books, 23 Nov. 2014