on 11 December 2012
This amazing book is a must for the serious Chef. It shows every conceivable sauce imaginable plus some more. You will never be stuck for a sauce again!!
on 12 June 2013
A really useful book with lots of good recipes. Amateur cooks often find sauces difficult but this book explains everything really clearly. Highly recommended.
on 18 April 2013
Very useful book, received in perfect condition. The recipes are great for transforming any simple dish from ordinary to very good
on 10 October 2015
Horrendously small print!!!!
The title is a bit misleading as the book actually includes quite a large number of dips, dressings, and preserves/pickles - less than half the book is actually conventional sauce recipes and descriptions of techniques.
Having said all that, the small print does mean that a hell of a lot is packed in..
on 14 January 2014
great reference book to have in your kitchen. simple and easy to follow, it's something which will be used again and again
on 15 July 2014
Very nice book. I bought this as a present but couldn't help looking through it and writing down some recipes before wrapping it ^_^ It has all recipes in categories, which is very convenient, and it has not only sauce recipes but whole dishes. Very happy with the book, might even get one for myself.
on 6 March 2014
I bought this to use when dining with friends. It was especially handy when I was in competition with the local Pub Landlord who reckoned he was the Gravy King. The book did not let me down as I am not the greatest in the kitchen but was able to follow it easily.
on 11 June 2014
I will not give you more details of the book, there are other good reviewers who accurately do that, I will tell you about me.
I have just started to be interested in cooking good food (no convenience food). I have had this book a short time and in that time I have made three sauces, no failures. All have been good, one of them was better than a restaurant's offering that we ate the next week! I'm nowhere near as good as a chef but these sauces make it appear that I am! A great book. Give it a go, if you're really busy and have no time, it's still worth it, for that odd occasion when you do have time. Don't miss this one.
on 14 April 2014
Excellent book well illustrated should be in every good cooks library.I found the recipes simple to understand and foolproof.An all round good buy.
on 26 January 2014
I bought this as a present for a family member but had a quick look through it before gifting it and I am quite tempted to buy one for myself.