on 22 July 2013
I had Mridula Baljekar's book Indian cooking without fat, which became my bible. Now that I have another 175 of her curries to try, I'm in seventh heaven. She really is one of the best around. Thank you Mridula!
on 20 January 2014
Bought this for my vegan daughter-in-law, it looked good to me and she seemed to think there were lots of good things in there. Would certainly buy it for us, were it not for the fact that we can barely move for books on cooking! :-)
VINE VOICEon 27 November 2013
Although my shelves are heaving with the weight of curry books, I can never exist another, and as a vegetarian this one seemed a natural addition. I have cooked close to 20 of the curries in this book and have not yet come across a bad one. The recipes are easy to follow, and come out tasting divine, with just the right balance of spice for my tastes. I particularly like the idea if the nutritional values all the bottom, but it would have been good if there had been timings for the recipes, as this is a big factor in choosing what to cook for most of us! Highly recommended!
on 4 March 2015
I can thoroughly recommend this book. If ever you've tried vegetarian cooking, you'll have most of the ingredients used in cooking these recipes. The secret is in following the recipes exactly to get the correct balance of flavours to complement your vegetables. The instructions are clear and the recipes are uncomplicated. This is a book I now keep permanently in my kitchen.
on 20 April 2015
i wanted more veggie recipes as my other books only have a few, so i came across this... i was a bit unsure as it doesnt have pictures of how the book is layed out inside but the reviews seemed good so i was brave and ordered it.... which i am very glad i did.. it arrived very quickly (next day) ive only had it 4 days and i have made 6 of the recipes so far... really well layed out no waffle just a picture the ingrediants and a well explained instructions

very pleased :D
on 18 June 2014
I am vegetarian and love curries, so I was excited when I saw this book. The title 175 Vegetable Curries is not exactly accurate.
There are curry recipes plus stews and side dishes all totalling 175 recipes. The recipes were good but I do have other cookbooks that have curries in them that are better. The recipes in this book were probably originally made with meat of some sort and then printed in this book with the meat ingredient taken away. All in all it was okay
on 2 September 2013
I have a Library of cookbooks, but this is one I know I will use often. Clear easy to follow recipes, each with a mouthwatering photos, and suggestions on variations. Another bonus: both metric and US/UK measuring systems are used in the recipes.
on 17 November 2013
I bought this book as I had already bough the 175 Hot and Spicy Vegetarian. This seems as good, with all sorts of recipes that are well illustrated and clear to follow.
on 4 July 2014
ok book, but doesn't give enough 'start from scratch' with recipes. Too many recipes say curry paste or curry powder, when i want to know how to make curries from scratch, how to mix the herbs and spices, so not really the book i was looking for.
on 19 October 2013
Great addition to the kitchen well illustrated and easy to follow what more can one want in a cook book?