5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Art of Pastry Making, Catherine Atkinson, 23 April 2003
I was very excited about receiving this book. I love to bake and this book seemed a natural follow up to cakes and cookies that I usually make. Pastries always had an element of the unknown and held an air of mystery for me, so to speak. However, this book simplifies the art!
It starts off with a brief history on pastry and how it evolved. The different types of pastries and the cooking tools and instruments are discussed in detail.
The recipes are amazing and it is an ideal mixture of both sweet and savoury pastries. Like most recipe books, this one is also beautifully illustrated. I book marked several pages to try out in my first reading alone! This is going to keep me occupied on many saturday afternoons and I am looking forward to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Recipes and Amazing pictures, 4 May 2002
This is a must have book for all of us who love to bake. The introduction on the different types of pastry is very useful with some unusual recipes to. The way the book is layed out is a visual feast I just have to keep looking at it. The recipes are easy to follow and something for everyone can be found.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential book for the Pastry Chef, 29 April 2013
Brian Fulton (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pastry: The Complete Art of Pastry Making (Paperback)
What an excellent book. As a once professional Chef and having lost most of my cook books due to relocating I have started to build up my cook book library and I came across this fine book. For the pastry enthusiast this is a must have covering all the fundamentals of the pastry making section, in fact listing some recipies i didn't know. It covers recipes in fine detail, has numerous recipes from savoury to sweet and definitely a great purchase. In hind sight I should have ordered the "hard back version".

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Pastry: The Complete Art of Pastry Making (Paperback)
just starting to bake pastry and this is a brilliant guide,well explained, beautiful illustrations and images with a helpful recipe section.

Pastry: The Complete Art of Pastry Making
Pastry: The Complete Art of Pastry Making by Catherine Atkinson (Paperback - 16 Mar 2012)
10.34