5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reference work for the beginner, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Complete Illustrated Guide to Woodworking: A Clear and Comprehensive Guide to Woodworking of All Types, with Expert and Practical Tips Showing How to Develop Your Skills (Paperback)
Having recently taken up woodworking as a hobby following retirement, and with little previous experience (simple DIY joinery around the house) I decided that some serious research into the subject was essential. I watched umpteen woodworking videos on youtube,
took out a magazine subscription, and bought several books, of which this was one. It covers just about everything - types of wood and their uses, hand tools, power tools, techniques for working and finishing wood, etc., etc. It helped me decide which tools and materials to buy for my first project (a small table for the hallway) and how to set about it. An excellent reference book, full of good sound information well presented, recommended for anyone with a serious interest in woodworking.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great reference book, 13 July 2014
I bought this book for my husband as a present and he was very happy with it, he does know a lot about woodwork but self taught so I thought this would be a book he could refer to if unsure of something, Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information, 25 May 2014
A great help to me improving my woodworking. Lots of tips and information required in the art of wood craft

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful reference book, 15 April 2014
I saw this book on the Amazon site in the USA. I had heard about it and the reviews from various sources were very good. The US site was quoting over $500 for it. Anyway as the book was published in the UK I took a chance that I could get it from the UK amazon site. I am really glad that I did. The content is excellent and well presented. The organization of ideas is easy to follow and the illustrations just make it all so easy. This is a really good little reference book if you just need some not too detailed help when undertaking a woodworking project. I sometimes undertake more complex projects for which I would refer to the more fulsome references, but if it is just a quick look up of something then this book works just fine for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband loves this book, 12 Nov 2013
My husband recommends this book very highly.

He is a very keen woodworker and furniture renovator.

What more can I say!!