5.0 out of 5 stars Can't see the wood ....
I originally wanted to be able to identify what I am putting in my wood burner, but found the book fascinating.
It is very informative and educating.
Not everybody wants to know the name of those tall plants lining our streets or standing in the woods, but I do
Published 19 months ago by Simon John Bird

3.0 out of 5 stars Excessively Small Print
I can see and appreciate the quality of this book, which has caused several reviewers to award five stars (excellent). In many ways, I would agree with their five-star ratings.

Published 7 months ago by Mr. Richard G. Chambers

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't see the wood ...., 14 Mar 2013
Simon John Bird (Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Trees of Britain & Europe: The Ultimate Reference Guide and Identifier to 550 of the Most Spectacular, Best-loved and Unusual Trees (Paperback)
It is very informative and educating.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excessively Small Print, 2 Mar 2014
Mr. Richard G. Chambers "Dick Chambers" (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews

However, I do not recommend this book for anybody who has eyesight problems when reading small print. This is especially true of the text that is intended to help the reader to identify the tree in the field. This part of the text is in extremely small print, which I guess is probably 6-point. The reader will be standing up in the open countryside when attempting to use this part of the text, not sitting comfortably in an armchair. I find that the lack of comfort doubles my eyesight problem. (And my eyes are not all that bad, especially when compared with other people that I know).

In spite of this problem, I have kept the book, and have not sent it back to Amazon. I have kept it because of the quality of the book in all other respects. I would certainly recommend the book to any reader who has good eyesight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Find out about your environment!, 16 Sep 2013
B. Handcock (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
I have come to live where there are many trees, some unusual and some hybrids I did not know before. So. having a book about them makes living with them even more enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 20 Feb 2014
Absolutely recommend this book. Was bought as a gift for a loving grandad to be able to show his grandson all the beautiful trees when out on walks. He actually brings the book in the pram with them.
Fantastic book, great price, slightly slow delivery but not overly so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trees, 5 Feb 2014
G. Pickersgill (uk) - See all my reviews
we love them, but nor sure on the names that's why we bought it. It has all the information that we require.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 21 Jan 2014
A present for my dad who loves it. He says its very informative and just what he wanted. Nice book

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gift, 15 Jan 2014
A gift for my Mother who wanted a simple guide to tree identification and she is thrilled with it. Very good illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars What tree is that., 15 Sep 2013
A very useful book for anyone who has an interest in trees, How often have we stood by a majestic tree and not know what it is well this book will tell you and let you know what all the trees in this country are. I would recommend it too anyone with an interest in the nature of Britain.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 stars, 14 Jan 2013
Nice book great photos but just lacking a key or something. May consider telling others about it, general content. ,

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 11 Oct 2014