5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
Loads of interesting ideas; you need some prior experience but there is some help available in the book. Great to aspire towards; I especially like the clock.
Published 19 months ago by Herefordshire Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more careful checking and editing
Published 16 months ago by Jo Inglewood

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more careful checking and editing, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Hip Crochet (Paperback)
I've made one of the patterns - the Union Jack cushion - and I'm pleased with my crochet because the design is fun and works. However there are so many omissions in this pattern (even on the chart which differs on one part of the flag to the photograph of a completed cushion and the making up instructions for the corners) that it puts me off making any more items. It's not that I don't have the skill level to make them without a totally detailed pattern, but it's the pain of having to be aware and constantly check that the item is ok as there may be errors in the instructions.

As for 'Hip Crochet' that seems to be a misnomer as the Union Jack cushion is the only item I'd term even remotely hip, there are some really ugly and uninspiring items in this book. Overall it's one to look at and borrow from the library; I really wouldn't recommend you buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Hip Crochet (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hip Crochet Book, I have not stopped making things from this book!, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Hip Crochet (Paperback)
Fab Book with easy to follow patterns. The Chicks and Cache boxes have kept me busy and I am now starting on the tablecloth! Brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bonkers and fun ideas, not your standard crocheting, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Hip Crochet (Paperback)
Chose this book because I wanted something different. I love crocheting, but after having done a blanket and oven gloves, I ran out of ideas. Also I find some of the other books quite old-fashioned. This is maybe not your average idea book, but gives a huge amount of inspiration. Even if you don't like the bright colors, you can easily chose your own colour theme. And most of the items are in fact useful: treasure boxes, cushions, blankets. I particularly love the decorative chilies for the kitchen. And the clock is outright bonkers, but great! Might chose different colours here again, but what a fun idea! Overall, the instructions are easy to follow, no problem at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cute, funky and original things to make, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Hip Crochet (Paperback)
There are so many fun, cute and colourful projects in this book that I can't wait to try.
This book is ideal for people wanting to create something special and unique for their home.
The chilli's are an excellent idea and have transformed my kitchen with a touch of colour and craft. The clock design is also particularly delightful and the seasonal designs look great too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok book, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Hip Crochet (Paperback)
Lovely book with clear instructions and some very nice varied projects however I expected more techniques and ideas. A bit disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars something a little different, 3 Aug 2013
Joyce V. Gill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hip Crochet (Paperback)
I love the ideas in this book - when I have it. My friends keep borrowing it - I know what to buy as Christmas presents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hip Crochet, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Hip Crochet (Paperback)
Arrived well within time frames excellent value for money a really good book already tried a few things and set to make more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Little Projects, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Hip Crochet (Paperback)
This book is great. I love the little pots, fascinating to make. Well worth it if you want ideas for gifts and smaller household projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crochet Inspiration, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Hip Crochet (Paperback)
Nice book , well written with lots of Inspiration, good instructions and tips
patterns for the home and family .

Hip Crochet
Hip Crochet by Natalie Clegg (Paperback - 1 Mar 2013)