4.0 out of 5 stars Carol Deacon rocks!
I have other books by the same author and as usual for one of her books it is full of good tips and ideas - I'd definately reccommend this especially for beginners.
Published on 21 July 2009 by Mrs. C. E. J. Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Cake Decorating
Disappointed with this purchase. I was expecting much more. I doubt I will use the book to refer to in the future.
Published 5 months ago by Tony and Brenda Quelch-Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Carol Deacon rocks!, 21 July 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book !, 20 Aug 2010
I bought this book to make my daughter's first birthday cake. I found it very easy to follow. I was also very happy with designs given. I must admit I already had the basic knowledge needed for cake decoration. But since I hadn't decorated cakes for a good 10 years I felt out of touch and found the book extremely motivating and captivating. I truly think if there is anyone out there who is looking to decorate their first cake then this is the book to go for. btw My cake was a hit. I had many wows, and Ohs when I brought it out. I definitely buying more of Carol Deacons books soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money for the basics of cake decorating!, 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: Cake Decorating (Hardcover)
I am new to cake making and wanted something to point me in the right direction when decorating a cake.

I did lots of research and found that a lot of the books available were either very expensive or they were too advanced for my level of expertise.

I wanted to know the basics and build up my skills gradually. This book is great for doing what I wanted it to do. It has 3 recipies for celebrations cakes, Maderia, chocolate and fruit. I've tried all three recipies and have had brilliant reponses from everyone who's tried them.

The book is not a cook book though, that is why there is only a few recipies, it's a decorating book and has really helped me to understand different techniques and get to grips with the basics.

As a result of this book, my friend and I are thinking of setting up a cake making business!!!

A good book with great tips. Admitedly some of the styles are a bit dated, but the fundamentals are fine and work well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't have done without it, 26 May 2013
Have had this book for a while. It was my first on cake decorating and definitely helped a beginner like me into the amazing world of cake decorating using sugarpaste. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Cake Decorating: The Complete Step-By-Step Guide (Paperback)
Fantastic book. Very easy to follow. Would recommend to anyone interested in cake decorating. Ideal for beginners or more experienced bakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the pictures, 28 Feb 2013
It really is a step by step guide to cake decorating covering all sorts of things. It is mainly icing and sugar craft instructions for general use.

5.0 out of 5 stars cake decorating, 17 Nov 2011
This book was so good giving plenty of information from tools to use and how to use them ! I got a second copy for my daughter who has started a small business making novelty cakes she said it was ideal for her too. It gives some new idea's for novelty cakes too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Beginners!, 30 Aug 2011
This is a great book for people who have little or no knowledge of baking and decorating a cake, it gives step by step instructions so you can follow it with no problems, all in all a great investment!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars really useful, 26 Nov 2010
I first got this book from the library and then needed to own a copy as it will be one I refer to time and again. Not only does it have basic cake recipes (I've tried the fruit cake and it's great) but it takes you step by step through the basics of cake decorating and at the same time gives you amazingly professional looking cakes! A really good addition to the amateur baker's collection - thoroughly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice but old fashioned, 30 Mar 2013
There are some nice ideas in here that you could bring into modern cake decorating, but the designs of the cakes are very old fashioned.

Cake Decorating: The Complete Step-By-Step Guide
Cake Decorating: The Complete Step-By-Step Guide by Carol Deacon (Paperback - 1 Aug 2012)
6.99