on 4 January 2013
very nice guide indeed, especially valuable to see some of the more quite sites as well.We checked out almost all the suggestions, as we had 2 full weeks in Marrakech and found the descriptions well written and helpful. It was a joy to hold the guide in you hand, it is linen bound, the pictures are beautiful, the layout and texts are tasteful and well done.

The only negative thing: the suggested "le Pavillon" to eat has been out of business for 2 years, that is since 2010, the edition is 2012. It took us a long time, a lot of dead ends and walking before finding the address and then it had been gone for 2 years.
on 14 June 2012
Up to date references for things to do. Superb listing of shops for this shopping Mecca. Love the maps. Small and easy to carry on your travels yet packed with everything that you would need ( and everything that would amaze you) in Marrakech.
on 15 January 2014
At first glance the book looks over whelming due to each attraction having a page, with quite a lot of writing. However, it is divided in to the North, South, Central Medina and New Town - each with its own map (which proved very useful). Dividing it down like this allowed us to plan where to go each day.

We also had a top 10 guide which was great for initial planning/getting a quick over view of what to do but found this book gave us more depth, plus a whole range of other places to go/things to do that was missing from the more basic top 10 book e.g. the Jewish cemetery and this guide book helped us to see a lot more than the average tourist. All-in-all a great guide book that I would thoroughly recommend.
on 22 October 2013
Love this little book from the cover to the contents. Very informative and attractive.Having visited Morocco several times the suggestions made were spot on.My son loved it.
on 25 April 2014
Lovely guide that really does build up a wonderful picture that truly reflects Marrakech and surrounding areas. I found it a great read before we arrived and interesting to read when actually there ... The only thing I found was that it didn't really give me a proper feel for what things would cost although it does give guide prices for hotels etc. I used the Internet/trip advisor to fill in the gaps. This is the ideal book to read if you have any doubts about visiting Marrakech - it will certainly help you decide!
on 18 June 2014
I have just returned back from a trip to Marrakech, and this book was a Godsend. I took it out with me everyday as it has useful (detailed) maps to help you to navigate around the city. It is small enough to not be an annoyance and feels like a little piece of luxury with the fabric cover and thick pages. This is the only travel guide I took with me and had all the information I could want in it.
on 19 October 2013
This book is beautifully covered in a linen type material and a good size to carry around the city. The content was thorough and well laid out. You could never do everything in the book so obviously you have to pick and choose and the book makes everything seem very appealing.

There are a few helpful tip pages at the back which were very useful for me.
on 12 December 2013
Attractively bound in a linen look cover, and conveniently sized. Map references and the city divided into main quarters are very useful. This book gives quite a good if superficial overview of Marrakech but offers very little insight and behind the scenes commentary on the "real" city. Reads like something written for the travel section of Vogue.
on 23 January 2014
An indispensable guide book to have, which makes for an interesting and well informed read. Also discreet enough to carry on you and read without looking like a lost tourist, which sometime attracts unwanted attention.
on 30 July 2014
Great to read as a book. Lots of background info. Lovely cover. But not enough photos and the map is quite iffy. Had to buy another guide book to supplement for the lack of logistical information.