5.0 out of 5 stars make your holiday one to remember
Published on 31 Dec 2011 by K. Platt

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really a guide book
I don't know whether I misunderstood the point of the book but rather than listings on good places to see in a certain place, it had tours and nothing else. Ok, you might be able to pick out some of the info you need but not all interesting places are likely to be included if they don't 'fit' on the tour.

I found the information to be a bit out of date (e.g...
Published 10 months ago by Maria

5.0 out of 5 stars make your holiday one to remember, 31 Dec 2011
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Insight Guides: Mallorca Step By Step (Insight Step by Step) (Paperback)
At one time Mallorca had a reputation as the party island, but don't dismiss it for that reason. There are quiet coves and most of the partygoers have moved on. This small Mediterranean island has all the lure of paradise - off the beaten track golden beaches, mountain villages, blue seas and art. This book gives 14 walks and tours with maps, places to eat and things to see. Insider tips will make your journey memorable. I love the 'only in Mallorca' found on the front flap and the themed tours. My choice would be art collections and Mallorcan architecture. No matter what you are seeking, Mallorca seems to have it and this book will help you find it. You'll find all the essential information and a pull-out map. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's yarnsandfabrics blog.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really a guide book, 16 Oct 2013

I found the information to be a bit out of date (e.g. the arabic baths are no longer free entry in Palma) and the information in the back on places to stay and eat was very short. There are 100s of places in Palma alone so how it could hope to cover it in a couple of pages, I have no idea.

Not great if travelling with kids either. I was travelling on my own with my toddler and he likes surprising things for a boy his age like eating out and visiting cathedrals but it would have been useful to have some practical information too like where the best beaches are and public toilets. It's not only parents of 3 year olds which need this info!

All in all it was also a pretty flimsy book. I've previously used Insight Guides before and found them to be pretty good. This is some kind of a subset which almost assumes you already have another guide which is a pretty expensive add on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could have been more detailed, 15 Aug 2013
Good book and took it everywhere with us but just felt that there could have been a bit more information in it - ie we visited the highest Monastery in south east Mallorca and the book could have had a bit more detail/history in it especially as it mentioned it specifically in one of its trails. Generally a good book, good map with beaches indicated and yes, I will take it with me again when I go back to Mallorca for a second visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 10 July 2013
We did all the tours in the north of Majorca from this book. We couldn't have done it without this book. It showed us the real Mallorca.

5.0 out of 5 stars holiday, 30 Jun 2013
Lots of us, ten people, are going to Majorca in October. This book has proved good so far for us choosing places to visit when we are there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Palma break, 1 May 2013
Very good guide for a break in Palma. Tried several of the recommended walking routes and excursions. Soller train journey fantastic!

Insight Guides: Mallorca Step By Step (Insight Step by Step)
Insight Guides: Mallorca Step By Step (Insight Step by Step) by Tara Stevens (Paperback - 4 Jan 2012)
Used & New from: 37.95