on 8 February 2013
I have bought 'insight guides' before for Japan, which i loved!!!!! So i decided to buy the vietnam one and it didn't disappoint!! What i find to be so great about this book is that its not as intense as most travel books!! The way its laid out, use of photos, maps and general information makes it easy to digest!

I will definitely buy for other countries (without a doubt)!! =)

ALSO it was delivered really quick!!!
on 15 June 2014
This book was originally written in about 2008 (judging by the number of references to events, laws and cultural changes taking place in 2007 and 2008 in the text). It appears to have been ever so slightly updated in 2012, but this is not much to anyone trying to navigate the quickly changing tourist activities (particularly with regards to transportation, prices, opening times and food recommendations) of Vietnam.

Given that Amazon have charged quite a bit for this book, it's unacceptable. They should make it very clear how out of date a guide book is and price accordingly to allow readers to make up their minds whether it's worthy. Really angry about this purchase.

It gets two stars from me as obviously the information on older, historical, sites would still be useful. No table of contents either.
on 5 March 2014
I had a general idea of where to go in Vietnam and had already booked my accommodation when I bought this guide. It gave me some more ideas of places to see and things to do along with some helpful advice.
on 12 August 2013
Just what i needed,for my trip,to Vietnam.
In-depth,easy to read.Plenty of good advice,of travel in Vietnam.
This will,probably be,one of the most,valuable items,travelling with me.
on 23 May 2013
Great book and value for money.
We used this for our honeymoon and it was a life saver.
Great information and great pictures
on 17 August 2013
I particularly like the layout and content of these guides. Will come in pretty useful for a forthcoming trip. Brill!
on 13 September 2013
Full of information about all of Vietnam. Will be useful for further visits if we return to this area soon
on 28 March 2013
We went to Vietnam in Feb/March - it was fantastic and we did everything and more recommended in the book.
on 21 August 2013
Lots of lovely photographs, but not sufficiently clear and helpful for the serious travelling visitor, who needs to be able to find more details (eg levels of accommodation) conveniently and quickly.
on 8 June 2014
Great book, includes all the information I wanted, an easier read than the rough guide books, does not include the hotel lists that the rough guide books have, but that is not what I wanted anyway.