5.0 out of 5 stars Another Berlitz gem
Again,my pronunciation is sketchy but Berlitz make their books very,very easy to understand.Brilliant book.Berlitz are a new favourite.Thank you again.
Published 6 months ago by Krista green

2.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate - both spelling and grammatical errors
Published 12 months ago by jazzlemming

2.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate - both spelling and grammatical errors, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Berlitz: Swedish Phrase Book & Dictionary (Berlitz Phrasebooks) (Paperback)
Although it seemed like a perfectly fine phrase book to me, as soon as I showed it to my Swedish partner, they started to notice errors in grammar and spelling. Without reading even half of the book, she had discovered 5 elementary mistakes. These were reported to Berlitz, who assured us that they would be corrected in the next edition (after asking exactly what the errors were, what pages they were on and also how to correct them!), and would send us a free copy of that when it was printed. It seems like this book was not proof-read by a Swedish speaking person, as these errors (and presumably more) would have been noticed straight away.

Good enough to get by on, but I wouldn't expect this level of sloppiness in any book, let alone one which teaches language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Berlitz gem, 9 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Gives you the basics, 11 Feb 2013
Good book it gives you the basic communication tools to get by, and is a handy size. it arrived promptly and is good value for money, I would get other languages in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Svenska, 28 July 2013
Compact and comprehensive for a phrase book and also contains rudimentary grammar. I have found this really very useful indeed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for tourists, 6 Nov 2012
I can only say this book is great for tourists and learning swedish sentences fast, but is not for learners who wants to learn from the basics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berlitz Swedish Phrase Book and Dictionary, 19 Oct 2012
T. Parry - See all my reviews
For the money, this is a great little book. I know a little bit of Swedish and have forgotten more than I ever knew, so I purchased it as a refresher in anticipation of a future journey to Scandinavia. I would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 19 May 2014
I purchased this book to accompany me on a 2 week visit to Sweden. It didn't get used much because a) more often than not, the word I wanted was not in there and b) everyone speaks english!

We came unstuck when trying to understand washing machine instructions in a our self catered accommodation - would be helpful to have translation for cotton, wool, colours for example but appreciate they cannot all be included.

Of my very limited knowledge of the Swedish language, one word I will not forget is Fika - a term given to the regular coffee/cake stops. I was amazed not to see this in the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect size, 23 Mar 2014
Perfect size and has enough for me to get in some basic courtesy phrases as well as food translations which are the hardest to translate

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 3 April 2013
I bought this phrase book recently as in March I spent 5 days in Sweden visiting an old friend that lives there. I haven"t seen her since 2004/5 and since then in 2007 I unfortunately suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury after a near fatal motorcycle accident in Germany so now my ability to retain memories and information from just prior to these years has been significantly reduced.
Thus I purchased this book which allowed me to brush up on my Swedish Phrases in privacy and the comfort of my own home.

Berlitz: Swedish Phrase Book & Dictionary (Berlitz Phrasebooks)
Berlitz: Swedish Phrase Book & Dictionary (Berlitz Phrasebooks) by Berlitz Publishing (Paperback - 2 April 2012)
4.93