5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Guide
Very helpful guide for our holiday on Kefalonia. Particulary good for restaurant recommendations of places we would otherwise have missed.
Published 20 months ago by John McCall

3.0 out of 5 stars Not an essential guide when visiting Kefalonia
Once I had booked a holiday in Kefalonia I looked for a guidebook so I could start planning "must see" sites and look for the best beaches.
As it turned out there were very few up to date guides so this one more or less chose itself!
Published 7 months ago by jg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not an essential guide when visiting Kefalonia, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Berlitz: Zákynthos & Kefaloniá Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides) (Paperback)
The truth is that there are not many essential places to visit on Kefalonia as an earthquake 60 odd years ago wiped out a lot of the island. The beauty of the island can be found by hiring a car and travelling around, enjoying the scenary and finding your own personal favourite beaches.
Yes, this guide was helpful in that I could consult it every so often during our holiday and make sure that I had not missed anything of interest. However, it did not really contain anything that was not availble on the internet and that we had printed off for use while we were away.
Wifi is readily available in Kefalonia so I would suggest using this &/or information from your tour operator together with suggestions from the car hire company & their map, if you hire a car.
This guide was pretty cheap though and I will probably use it again as I am likely to visit neighbouring Zakynthos before too long.

2.0 out of 5 stars Partial and subjective guide was limited in use, 12 Aug. 2013
Whilst there were useful aspects to this guide, such as Greek phrases and the section on history was interesting, I am not convinced that the author had even visited the part of Zakynthos that we were based in (Alykes). None of the recommended restaurants were in our area and, apart from one incredibly snooty and dismissive reference, no information was given on our area. If we had read the guide before we booked, we probably would have been put off, yet we had a lovely holiday in a very picturesque location with many nice restaurants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Guide, 9 July 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars great little book, 21 May 2014
really useful pocket guide. up to date info and beautiful pictures. could have done with a few more greek phrases to use like the essential 'thank you' so if you want to make an effort speaking greek whilst out there i recommend getting a separate a language pocket book with phonetics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impending Holiday to Kephalonia., 31 July 2013
Content looks satisfactory for 2 week holiday giving information on beeches and other tourist attractions. It could have had a more detailed map to give me more information on local roads. A good price for the content.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too political, 13 Aug. 2014
so many things missing from the Zakynthos read-up - the writer gives too many personal opinions and neglects to include so many great things to do

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful travel guide, 12 Sept. 2013
S. Barnes (UK) - See all my reviews
The Berlitz books are great for travelling with, not too big but packed with useful information and travel tips for the country you are going too.
If I was going for a longer time I would probably buy a more in depth guide but for a short holiday these are great.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disorganised, 10 Jun. 2014
The book was useful and got us around Kefalonia in our hired car but the layout was a little confusing as certain sections seemed to have details of both islands mixed up.

The recommended places to visit were well worth the effort!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 20 Aug. 2014
An excellent guide to these beautiful Islands!I have visited both and would like to add the the Greeks are wonderfully warm,friendly and helpful!do please learn a few words of greek as a courtesy maureen keeton

4.0 out of 5 stars I do like this pocket-size book, 7 Dec. 2014
I do like this pocket-size book, but I wish there was more detailed literature on Zakynthos. I'm using the book to prepare for a holiday there in 2015, there's not much detail on the resort we're going to.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Berlitz: Zákynthos & Kefaloniá Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Berlitz: Zákynthos & Kefaloniá Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides) by Berlitz Publishing (Paperback - 17 Jan. 2013)
Ł5.99