on 9 October 2011
I bought the first book (Leprechauns in Latin America) from Norman and Maggie at a bike show and couldn't put it down. Sorry to reach the end of the first book I quickly bought the second book, Leprechauns in Alaska, from Amazon. Norman Magowan has a brilliant way of words, humerously describing events, scenery and people they met on their epic travel adventure on motorbike through the Americas which makes you wish you were in the saddle with them. Brilliant read!
on 15 May 2012
I bought this book for my godson's birthday and the No.1 (Leprechauns in South America) for my birthday as they are a few days apart, and with the idea we will swap books after reading our own.
Therefore, i cannot say anything yet on the Adventures in Alaska per se, but if it is anything to go by the Adventures in S America, it is going to be compelling reading.
I am enjoying N.1 book very much and I marvel not only at the stories and experiences which are told in a nice story-telling/conversational way but also at the courage and openess of mind to undertake such journey and to change its route as and when needs be or more compelling sites are discovered.
I am going to try to go see some of the lectures given by Norman and Maggie (see their website) and it is all for a good cause!
Met other people who read the books and they all felt the same: compelling reading.
Oh, and I met Maggie - that's how i came across these books - and she is a lovely woman, hard to imagine her on a bike! it gives a whole different meaning to the 'concept' of bikers!
on 18 July 2014
If you have read the first book then its worth reading to complete the journey. The book could have done with some photo's, I know there is a website, but when your on holiday its not always possible to view them. Remove the racist remarks about Asian drivers and the Volvo bashing and I may have given it 4 stars.
on 3 April 2013
I enjoy reading motorcycle adventure stories, this one took me a while to really get interested in, but I got there and overall enjoyed the book. I have not read the 1st instalment, but I would recommend this copy to fellow motorcyclists.