on 26 November 2010
Sadly 90% of this book is merely the scores from the games in which Rudi has officiated. There are hardly any personal experiences from the games or anecdotes from his time as an umpire. As one of the most travelled umpires involved in many of the big games he must have plenty of tales to tell but they are not to be found in this book.

I had hoped to gain a better insight as to the life of an international umpire but I have learnt absolutely nothing. A great opportunity missed.

Rudi was a great umpire but not a good author.
on 3 March 2012
I can relate to the book, it's just sad that Rudi didn't talk much about the things that made him the legendary umpire he is. I like the book nonetheless.
on 6 March 2016
Not the greatest autobiography - seemed to be almost just a list of career facts.
on 7 January 2015
interesting and informative reflection of modern cricket and cricketers,
on 24 March 2012
My father who is 93 years old has read this to his friend, who's father was an umpire. They enjoyed the book.