Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 September 2014
There are some nice photos, but Sri Lankan is so photogenic that is not hard to achieve. But I didn't learn much and am not sure how much Ms Hutchins really knows about food or Sri Lanka. The book was sponsored by a charity and I found the repeated praise for the organisation irritating.
on 23 January 2016
Fabulous book. Well written and with lots of fabulous pictures that make me miss Sri Lanka. The book is well set out by region, ethnicity, and then of course the authors favourites. I must mention that some of the recipes are off the beaten track and therefore very appealing!
on 13 April 2014
Like the island itself this book is an absolute gem, evocatively written and beautifully photographed. It has many more recipes than I was anticipating, with each step comprehensively explained. Interwoven with poignant stories of people from all walks of Sri Lankan life, it gives the reader a real appreciation for that stunning island, its' warm-hearted inhabitants and delicious cuisine. It has certainly spiced up my bookshelf!
on 3 July 2014
I bought this book after my most recent visit to Sri Lanka, and I have cooked quite a few of the recipes back home in England, with gratifying results. This isn't fancy cuisine, but it is delicious food, and I cook it for special occasions now!
on 1 February 2015
We saw this in Sri Lanka and I had to buy it. Beautiful combination of culture, regional differences and spices. Worthwhile buying.
on 26 February 2014
This is a breat book. The recipes are authentic and work well. The photography and the stories around each recipe are excellent and gives one a lovely sense of place.
on 10 May 2014
I chose 5* because the book is worthy of them. Actually the author is a friend of mine and I have been following the making of this book from the beginning when she went on her trip to Sri Lanka and the work she put into it testing every recipe in her own kitchen in Sydney. She has recently visited me and signed the book.
on 28 December 2013
A beautiful book, takes you to Sri Lanka through the author's well described vignettes. Wonderful photos bring Sri Lanka to life.