Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 November 2013
I have shelves of cookery books I can not resist them. But this is a book that really stands out. The photographs are stunning. Even though I don't eat meat I am eager to adapt my ideas and to use the spicing in the original recipe. There are plenty of vegetarian recipes its just that sometimes recipes catch your eye and you want to make them. Yesterday I made the Turkish pepper paste but cooked it out in the halogen oven to reduce the area I splattered, easy and delicious. Today I have made Karniyark and cacik with a chopped salad and pilav wonderful. Can't wait to try some more.
on 12 September 2013
It is a stunningly beautiful book. The photos make you want to cook all the dishes. The recipes were easy to follow and the end results were incredible. Every recipe I cooked was better than the previous one. Highly recommend this wonderful book. I want to cook every dish in it. Since holidaying in Jordan some years ago, I have been searching for a book that has manageable recipes but also replicates the spices and flavours of the Middle East. I absolutely loved the way the Jordanians served chicken with yogurt and flat bread. This book has shown me how to do achieve this with ease. My favourite recipe, so far, is the barbecued chicken with sumac. Incredible served hot and the accompanying salads were divine, fantastic cold with lettuce for lunch the next day. The recipes are easy to follow and the dishes are so beautifully photographed that I could eat them from the book. A big plus was that the ingredients were easily obtainable.
on 19 January 2014
A lovely book with a great selection of recipes. I have made at least 5 dishes so far and they all turned out very well and were easy to do. The Turkish bread recipe is great and will certainly be something I make on a regular basis. If you like Turkish food and want to recreate it at home then this is a must have.
on 30 April 2016
A fantastic book and yet another to join my stable of Turkish cuisine ( I think I have six now ) anyway, perfectly written with excellent photography it is a joy to own and I highly recommend this to anyone who is not familiar with Turkish cooking.
on 19 July 2013
I have many books on Turkish cookery and this is by far the best one yet!! Wonderful recipes, beautiful photography. Very well written. I have cooked several things from it and they have all been delicious. A must have book for lovers of turkish food.
on 29 December 2014
Beautiful book with fabulous pictures.
The recipes are varied, generally simple for a home cook and tend to use easily obtained ingredients, even if you live outside a city as I do. Can't recommend this book enough.
on 27 September 2013
A must for anyone visiting Turkey who may have property there. I saw Rebecca on TV before we went to Turkey for three weeks. Found it so valuable and cooked many of the dishes in her book. I made a new friend who was staying for five weeks and lent it to her. She will most certainly order it on her return in October. With all the explanation of Turkish herbs spices and tomato and pepper sauces I transformed my normal cooking into restaurant standard flavours. An absolute must have. Rebecca's enthusiasm for diverse foods in Turkey certainly propelled me to buy this book. Would recommend it to everyone for cooking either in a Turkey or at home. Best buy ths year many thanks Rebecca
on 9 January 2014
Great book and bargin have just purchased a home in Turkey first thing in my wife's bag to take over (coals to newcastle) maybe
on 15 September 2013
Rebecca and Steven have created a beautiful book which I would highly recommend to all. A must for all chefs.
on 21 September 2015
Delicious traditional and easy recipes