5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book
Published 15 months ago by Mrs. J. M. Mcgee

3.0 out of 5 stars A book for the Apple generation
Disagree with a lot of these reviews here. There's something not quite right with this book. Sure, it's beautiful and some of the dishes look delicious but I was expecting more from Ms Seal. The writing is ok and the recipes seem clear. But where's the depth? There's just not a lot to it and left me hungry still. It didn't draw me in or inspire me or indeed take me on a...
Published 5 months ago by stephen camps

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 25 Nov. 2013
Mrs. J. M. Mcgee (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
I have shelves of cookery books I can not resist them. But this is a book that really stands out. The photographs are stunning. Even though I don't eat meat I am eager to adapt my ideas and to use the spicing in the original recipe. There are plenty of vegetarian recipes its just that sometimes recipes catch your eye and you want to make them. Yesterday I made the Turkish pepper paste but cooked it out in the halogen oven to reduce the area I splattered, easy and delicious. Today I have made Karniyark and cacik with a chopped salad and pilav wonderful. Can't wait to try some more.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Middle Eastern cooking, buy this book, 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
It is a stunningly beautiful book. The photos make you want to cook all the dishes. The recipes were easy to follow and the end results were incredible. Every recipe I cooked was better than the previous one. Highly recommend this wonderful book. I want to cook every dish in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Superb., 29 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
Beautiful book with fabulous pictures.
The recipes are varied, generally simple for a home cook and tend to use easily obtained ingredients, even if you live outside a city as I do. Can't recommend this book enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 24 Aug. 2014
These recipes are a wonderful reminder of the amazing, but simple food available from the fantastic country of Turkey... brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great asset, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
Great book and bargin have just purchased a home in Turkey first thing in my wife's bag to take over (coals to newcastle) maybe

5.0 out of 5 stars Istanbul, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
I have many books on Turkish cookery and this is by far the best one yet!! Wonderful recipes, beautiful photography. Very well written. I have cooked several things from it and they have all been delicious. A must have book for lovers of turkish food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
A must for anyone visiting Turkey who may have property there. I saw Rebecca on TV before we went to Turkey for three weeks. Found it so valuable and cooked many of the dishes in her book. I made a new friend who was staying for five weeks and lent it to her. She will most certainly order it on her return in October. With all the explanation of Turkish herbs spices and tomato and pepper sauces I transformed my normal cooking into restaurant standard flavours. An absolute must have. Rebecca's enthusiasm for diverse foods in Turkey certainly propelled me to buy this book. Would recommend it to everyone for cooking either in a Turkey or at home. Best buy ths year many thanks Rebecca

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book., 15 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
Rebecca and Steven have created a beautiful book which I would highly recommend to all. A must for all chefs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2014
Great recipes. lovely book

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Turkish recipe book, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
This book is absolutely huge, and very well presented with some great photos of the city as well as the obvious.
My parents visited Istanbul recently, hence me buying this book for them. They said it sums up and covers the food available perfectly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Istanbul
Istanbul by Rebecca Seal (Hardcover - 8 July 2013)