5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book
Published 10 months ago by Mrs. J. M. Mcgee

3.0 out of 5 stars A book for the Apple generation
Disagree with a lot of these reviews here. There's something not quite right with this book. Sure, it's beautiful and some of the dishes look delicious but I was expecting more from Ms Seal. The writing is ok and the recipes seem clear. But where's the depth? There's just not a lot to it and left me hungry still. It didn't draw me in or inspire me or indeed take me on a...
Published 18 days ago by stephen camps

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 25 Nov 2013
Mrs. J. M. Mcgee (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
I have shelves of cookery books I can not resist them. But this is a book that really stands out. The photographs are stunning. Even though I don't eat meat I am eager to adapt my ideas and to use the spicing in the original recipe. There are plenty of vegetarian recipes its just that sometimes recipes catch your eye and you want to make them. Yesterday I made the Turkish pepper paste but cooked it out in the halogen oven to reduce the area I splattered, easy and delicious. Today I have made Karniyark and cacik with a chopped salad and pilav wonderful. Can't wait to try some more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smell the healthy Turkish cuisine; uplifting and highly recommended book, 14 Aug 2013
Jonathan Eyal (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
Easy recipes, delicious selection and all presented in an accessible style: no complicated ingredients, no "soak", "set aside", "reduce","dilute" or such like, but just straightforward good food.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Middle Eastern cooking, buy this book, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
It is a stunningly beautiful book. The photos make you want to cook all the dishes. The recipes were easy to follow and the end results were incredible. Every recipe I cooked was better than the previous one. Highly recommend this wonderful book. I want to cook every dish in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 20 Nov 2013
A. Baker "AB" (Hertford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
Oh what a fantastic book, easy to use and all recipes are wonderful. The recipes make you feel like you are back on holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Turkish recipe book, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
This book is absolutely huge, and very well presented with some great photos of the city as well as the obvious.
My parents visited Istanbul recently, hence me buying this book for them. They said it sums up and covers the food available perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
A must for anyone visiting Turkey who may have property there. I saw Rebecca on TV before we went to Turkey for three weeks. Found it so valuable and cooked many of the dishes in her book. I made a new friend who was staying for five weeks and lent it to her. She will most certainly order it on her return in October. With all the explanation of Turkish herbs spices and tomato and pepper sauces I transformed my normal cooking into restaurant standard flavours. An absolute must have. Rebecca's enthusiasm for diverse foods in Turkey certainly propelled me to buy this book. Would recommend it to everyone for cooking either in a Turkey or at home. Best buy ths year many thanks Rebecca

5.0 out of 5 stars Istanbul, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
I have many books on Turkish cookery and this is by far the best one yet!! Wonderful recipes, beautiful photography. Very well written. I have cooked several things from it and they have all been delicious. A must have book for lovers of turkish food.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
Great recipes, full of fantastic inspiration with well taken photos, easy to follow recipes and delicious results. Strongly recommend for anyone who likes to eat well and healthy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Istanbul cook book, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
A good and simply easy to follow cook book for Turkish cooking
Compared to similar books to it was the best

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Istanbul (Hardcover)
A lovely book with a great selection of recipes. I have made at least 5 dishes so far and they all turned out very well and were easy to do. The Turkish bread recipe is great and will certainly be something I make on a regular basis. If you like Turkish food and want to recreate it at home then this is a must have.

Istanbul
Istanbul by Rebecca Seal (Hardcover - 8 July 2013)