5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and Fab
I bought this book after being inspired by visiting the author's site. The food is fresh and fabulous. I have made several meals from it already.
Published 20 months ago by JJ

3.0 out of 5 stars For serious vegetarians
This is a beautiful book and interesting to browse through as the authors have a lovely chatty style. However, before contemplating having it take up space in your recipe book collection, it's definitely worth doing the homework of looking at their blog ([...] quite carefully to decide if the recipes in it are something that will suit your family and lifestyle...
Published 10 months ago by Julie Brazier

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and Fab, 7 April 2013
This review is from: The Green Kitchen: Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day (Hardcover)
I eat a mainly vegan diet (mostly raw). I do share some cooked and the occasional vegetarian dish with my family. Vegan alternative ingredients are listed in this book. Simple easy recipies for everyday use. Its a lovely book.
If you are the type of person that can look at a list of ingredients and have some idea of how the finished product will turn out then you will be able to tell that these people know their stuff, if not, it has all been taken care of for you!
Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and beautiful, 19 Aug 2013
Miss M. J. Onraed "Mao" (London) - See all my reviews
This book is a real source of inspiration, it is full of classics and very original recipes that will amaze everyone. Pictures are very natural and beautiful.

The only reason I can't give it 5 stars is that I have tried a few recipes and for a few of them I ended up with something too liquid and had to fix it even though I had exactly followed the list of ingredients.
However it's definitely a must have if you are vegetarian (or trying to eat healthy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinarily good and healthy food presented in a friendly personal fashion, 27 Jan 2014
The book is written very well and also organised in the way most people would use it. Say evening comes and you want a quick meal - there is a chapter for quick meals. As there are various chapters for what circumstances you are cooking in (breakfast, evening, on the go, etc).

Most recipes don;t need tampering, the dosages are good, and the resulting food is simply delicious. Also there are variations mentioned for most recipes according to how you can adapt them according to what ingredients you have or if you want the same recipe with a different twist. Also very informal, user friendly, up close and personal. Easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. Very good combination of good food and healthy food. Who ever said you have to choose between the two?

3.0 out of 5 stars For serious vegetarians, 6 Jan 2014
Julie Brazier (Washington, UK) - See all my reviews

The photography is great and the recipes don't seem that complicated, but I found that many of the ingredients (plenty of whole grains, nuts and seeds) are certainly not something that we routinely store and things like fresh figs and other exotic fruit and veg can be quite hard to get hold of where we live.

I was looking for a way to add more fun vegetarian meals to our family diet, but the ones in here are mostly what I think of as "high-end" vegetarian/vegan and while they look pretty on the page, I don't find them that appealing as a family meal. I feel we eat quite a varied diet and have children that are reasonably unfussy, but I can't see more than about 10% of the recipes in here working for us. Having done more research, I think I'll be turning to River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day) to fulfil our requirements.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolute must for healthy vegetarians, 1 April 2013
This is the cookbook that belongs to the foodblog: greenkitchenstories.com. Whoever knows the blog, loves it and I therefore recommend buying this book, as it is as good as the blog, only that you can hold it in your hands! The book is beautifully made, great photos as always and contains many new vegetarian recipes. David und Luise actually cook in a normal kitchen, so it's possible to recook all of the recipes in the book. (A good blender is a must though.)

Lovers for really healthy vegetarian recipes will find a lot of inspiration in this book and it's also very nice, that they write about how their kitchen cupboard looks like! very interesting!

So five stars from me, but only for people who want to cook healthy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy to approach, 26 Dec 2013
I love that the recipes are so simple. It is much easier to get started when you don't need 20 different special things that you only use for one specific recipe before you can begin. It taste amazing and you can really feel the flavor.
If you already have an okay green kitchen with some nuts and seeds and spices there is really no excuse to not jump right into this book.
The book itself is also beautiful and the pictures says it all. For me that is also important when choosing a recipe, and i this one I want to make them all.
This is the one cookbook where I have cooked most recipes from and have only had it for a month. I'm differently not finished trying out recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite cookbook, 20 Dec 2013
I love this book. I bought it recently but I would already say it has become my number one cookbook. Not only is it beautiful to look at, but the recipes are imaginative and not too difficult to achieve. The beet bourguignon with root mash is amazing as are the pistachio and herb falafels. I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vegetarian Joy!, 24 May 2013
This book was much appreciated as a present by a vegetarian and even mentioned on Facebook to all his friends! As he is a very good cook I believe him!!

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy-making, 20 July 2013
I do sympathise with the reviewer who writes that some of the recipes don't work. But that's surely an acceptable fallout from such a radically innovative response to inspirational ingredients. The recipes I've made have worked well, even if sometimes I make a note to tweak the odd thing next time (I think the authors have a slightly sweeter tooth than me). Indeed, most of them have been so delicious that I'm already making plans to make them again, and I love books that challenge me to make my own adjustments. It's like being in dialogue with the writers.

The main thing of note about this book is how wonderfully happy-making it is! It features gorgeous photography, and the personality of the authors shines through.

I'm vegan, btw, and would highly recommend it to vegans despite the presence of eggs in lots of the recipes. They're easy to tweak, and in any case there are loads of fully vegan options that make it a worthwhile addition to my shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars You gotta love this book!, 22 July 2013
I have been a vegetarian for quite a few years, but always found it difficult to find recipes I could serve at family diners. This book is perfect. I love the recipes, the pictures, the authors, everything, and I'm very happy to have this book on my bookshelf. If you don't want to by the book, check out their blog. This couple is an inspirating for me, and their love to the food makes me wanna cook more.

The Green Kitchen: Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day