I was so excited to find this guide, as London is hard for this ethically minded foodie to negotiate. I like to know where my food is coming from, and this book delivers just the right sort of information about provenance and quality.

Published on 8 April 2011 by The Good Soup

3.0 out of 5 stars I think we ought to move
It's sad that so few of the suppliers in the book are from near us, but this will be in the car when we go on British holidays this year.
Published on 9 April 2011 by Dot

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm so glad it exists and look forward to comprehensive re-editions, 8 April 2011
The Good Soup (Brisbane, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Produce Guide 2011 (Paperback)

The problem is, Rose Prince is trying to cover the whole of the UK, and I think some places might not be covered very well yet.

I lived in Belfast for a stint two years ago, and a few of the Belfast places she mentions in the book are a little... well, not that great, and several that I know of are not mentioned at all. Now, I think this is just one of those prices you pay when you take on an ambitious project like this. What needs to happen is what Rose suggest everyone who reads the book does, which is send in comments and recommendations. That's how a guide like this, only 2 years old, will have a chance at becoming truly great. I definitely think it's on the way- I've already visited some of her London recommendations and am really impressed with what I've found.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRilliant, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Good Produce Guide 2011 (Paperback)
Thanks, brilliant, for a christmas present, my husband loved it will come here again thanks a lot for everything great

3.0 out of 5 stars I think we ought to move, 9 April 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars guide to local sources of good food, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Good Produce Guide 2011 (Paperback)
I'm not sure if I will find this as helpful as Rose Princes' other food books, but I'm sure it will prove to be a great to good ingredients.

ARRAY(0xb4d95648)

Good Produce Guide 2011
Good Produce Guide 2011 by Rose Prince (Paperback - 1 Feb 2011)
Used & New from: 0.01