5.0 out of 5 stars Great book (but do you already own it?), 8 Aug 2011
This review is from: Marie Claire Cuisine (Marie Claire Series) (Hardcover)
I give this book 5 stars because it is great.

However, buyers beware that this book has already been printed as 'Kitchen' which I already own. Given the choice, I'd recommend buying Kitchen because the book is bigger i.e. larger pages = larger text & images.

I'm hoping Amazon will amend the listing so that other buyers don't make the same mistake as me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Surprising Discovery, 11 May 2011
Mary McCarthy (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marie Claire Cuisine (Marie Claire Series) (Hardcover)
I'd been looking through an Ottolenghi cookery book because I wanted to make some of his lovely rice dishes that have vegetables in them -- wanting substitutes for stodgy potatoes or just plain brown or white rice as an accompaniment to meat and fish. Marie Claire Cuisine offers these plus inventive Spring/Summer salads, and quite a few Asian style dishes with chicken, shrimp, squid or beef. The illustrations are to die for and a great enticement to try the dishes. I've made the fennel and grapefruit salad (p.130) twice with the suggested accompaniment of cold sliced pork roast. It was delightfully different and refreshing for Spring. It's a beautiful book and is responsive to the way many of us want to eat now -- light, fresh and using creative combinations of vegetables, fruit and Asian spices.

Marie Claire Cuisine (Marie Claire Series)
Marie Claire Cuisine (Marie Claire Series) by Michele Cranston (Hardcover - 7 Mar 2011)
13.92