Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 26 September 2011
I was sent this book to review by the lovely @cookAWW on Twitter.

I am such a fan of the AWW cook books and I love pies so I was eagerly awaiting this book and the opportunity to try some recipes out.

The book starts with a very useful step by step guide to pastry with pictures making each step very easy to follow. The book is then split into chapters covering: Poultry pies, Seafood pies, Meat pies, Vegetable pies and finishing with Sweet pies and tarts.

The back cover includes a conversion chart and some helpful tips for pastry decoration.

The recipes are well set out with easy to follow instructions and lovely colour photographs for every dish. There is a good variety of different types of pies and as an added bonus not all the pies were pastry based - some had scone and crumble type toppings instead.

Favourites of mine include: Vegetable and Lentil Potato Pie, Double Crust Pizza, Onion and Smoked Cheddar Tarts and Vanilla Custard Pie.
on 1 December 2011
I was very pleasantly surprised by this book, when you hear the words Women's Weekly you immediately think of your Gran, well I do. I expected the recipes to be solid, traditional comfort food. However, this book is packed full of modern and innovative recipes. So far I have made the chunky pork and fennel pie, it was really delicious and diced pork is not something I would think to use in a pie. I also made the spiced green pea and potato pasties, these were excellent and tasted very good cold for the following days lunch.

All the recipes are clearly laid out, easy to follow instructions and clear pictures of the finished dish. The ingredients are all everyday things you'd have no trouble finding. I'm now really looking forward to warmer weather so I can try some of the lighter dishes such as the chorizo and potato galette with green olives or the caramelised onion, fig and prosciutto tarts.

The only reason this has not got 5 stars is I did have to up the garlic and seasoning, but that is nit picking and maybe down to my households love of very bold flavours. I'm definitely hoping Santa might get me one or two of the other titles in this series for Christmas.
on 22 July 2012
Fabulous as usual Australian Woman's weekl!
Excellent, varied and imaginative content and at a cost which makes value for money a complete understatement.
This book is especially usefull when paired with a Pie Maker.
on 23 September 2011
Lots of great pie recipes which include sweet and savoury - easy to follow and great for winter, ideal food to keep you warm and your stomach full :)
on 8 February 2016
Lots of easy recipes but coming from Aus a slightly different twist which makes it interesting too.
on 27 January 2016
Fast delivery great thank you
on 15 November 2014