4.0 out of 5 stars A great Greek cookbook with lots of yummy recipes
Published on 1 Nov. 2011 by Rennie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite Greek cookbook...
Published on 21 Mar. 2011 by Wil Andersen

4.0 out of 5 stars A great Greek cookbook with lots of yummy recipes, 1 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Greek Cooking (The Australian Women's Weekly Essentials) (Paperback)
I love Australian Womens Weekly cookbooks and have quite a few from when I lived in Australia - This is my first greek cookbook which I really looked forward to receiving I used to work with a greek woman who bought in lots of fantastic tasting food so thought I would give it a go myself) As per all their cookbooks they say that all the recipes are triple tested to ensure a great result every time - I can vouch for this - I made the baklava and my hubby thought it was shop bought! my only criticism would be that some of the ingredients I found hard to come across, but I am sure if you live near a large supermarket you would have no troubles. I would recommend this book for anyone who loves Greek food and wants to give it a go themselves.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite Greek cookbook..., 21 Mar. 2011
I am a big fan of the Australian Women's Weekly series of cookery books. They are practical, straightforward and easy to use. I suppose that I would trade some of the pictures for a few more recipes but nevertheless there are 120 pages here - each recipe with its photograph opposite so I guess around 50 recipes (taking index and a not very useful glossary into account). Not many for a cookery book perhaps - but look at the price! It's a real bargain.

It is essentially just a collection of recipes with a short two page introduction - a welcome change from the self-indulgent "personal" cookbooks of which there seem to be so many (Actually I really enjoy them - but this is a good contrast!)

I sort of collect Greek cookbooks since I go there quite often. This isn't bad and I am happy to have it on my shelves but it isn't really terribly interesting. Three Goat recipes - yes, authentic Greek cooking but how many of us have access to goat? The rabbit recipes though are quite good. They worked for me. The moussaka wasn't the best I have seen - I found it a bit dry - but the flavour was reasoanably authentic.

But too many of the recipes are - well, don't really find that appealing - maybe tomorrow. So a three star review but that is a very personal reaction. You may feel much more positive about it if you are new to cooking Greek food.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book with a variety of dishes, 22 Sept. 2011
I love this series of books. Whilst looking for greek cook books online, I didn't find a lot of choice and most of them were quite expensive. I don't know if these dishes are properly authentic, but they certainly look yummy and I can't wait to try them out. There is a nice variety of nibbles mains and pudding recipes in this book, and as always lovely photos. I think this is an excellent book for the price and ideal for someone wanting to try out greek cooking!

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 5 Dec. 2012
Mom-in-law is getting this as a repeat Xmas present as their home got flooded at the beginning of the year. They lost everything on the ground floor including the kitchen sink. Item arrived quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars COOKING, 5 Aug. 2013
I HAVE QUITE A FEW AUSTRAILIAN WEEKLY COOKING BOOKS AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN DISSAPOINTED .THIS GREEK VERSION LOOKS EASY TO FOLLOW TO SOME FAVORITE GREEK DISHES

Greek Cooking (The Australian Women's Weekly Essentials)
Greek Cooking (The Australian Women's Weekly Essentials) by The Australian Women's Weekly (Paperback - 1 Feb. 2011)
Used & New from: £20.88