5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Book
Great Little Book. We had this and the Dutch one. Very useful and helpful. Well thought out and put together - nothing can be perfect, of course. The size is important: just right for the pocket or backpack, or, my wife's handbag.
Published 2 months ago by Gerald Tuck

2.0 out of 5 stars ... expected a Lonely Planet book to be practical and useful. I was disappointed
I purchased this book as I expected a Lonely Planet book to be practical and useful. I was disappointed. It seemed as though every time we looked for an everyday word in it it was not there. In addition, whoever wrote the menu decoder has obviously never eaten in the Pays Basque region. The word 'chiparillo' is not mentioned even though it is very widely used in this...
Published 2 months ago by MR L A HARVEY

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Book, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet French Phrasebook & Dictionary (Lonely Planet Phrasebook: French) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Perfect does the Job

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect! Thank you, 3 July 2014
TLM "TLM" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
Fast delivery. Just the size and type of phrasebook we were looking for. Perfect! Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars HANDY BOOK, 28 Jun 2014
It is a useful & helpful little pocket book. It helped me while on holiday in France. I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described, arrived promptly, 23 Jun 2014
I ordered this for a leaving present for a colleague and it's ideal. Small so will fit in his bag easily and has all the essential phrases he will need. Great value, delivered promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet French Phrasebook & Dictionary, 4 Jun 2014
This is another excellent phrasebook by Lonely Planet ... more comprehensive than the excellent "Fast Talk French" ... it is well set out and contains the real details that most of us want and again it is easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful phrases, 20 May 2014
A friend bought me this as a birthday present and I'm really glad they did because it's easy to purchase a phrasebook but then end up with something that doesn't actually have the phrases you need. However, I think because the lonely planet books have been around for a while, and because they ask for feedback from travellers, they have ended up getting better and better. That's certainly true of this one, which I found more or less indispensable while travelling. It's very, very good.

I should also mention that I found it especially useful to combine taking the phrasebook with me along with learning a smattering of the language with some CDs beforehand. Knowing a bit about how French sentences work allowed me to adapt the phrases included in the phrasebook so that I could have something more like a chat when I was over there - and being able to do that really made my trip! For this I used the Learn French with Paul Noble course which was very helpful in showing me how to put my own sentences together. Combined with this excellent phrasebook it proved to be a very powerful combination.

A recommended purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars such a good phrasebook, 26 April 2014
would definitely recommend this phrasebook for someone who needs a bit of help with general day to day speaking covers most things you would need the dictionary part is ok

4.0 out of 5 stars Includes all the basics, 7 Oct 2013
Was very useful on a recent trip to Paris, if only it could help me with my accent however! .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great handy little phrase book, 12 Aug 2013
Perfect for a holiday where you want to make an effort on learning and using key phrases. Am hoping it will also inspire the children to learn a little French!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Lonely Planet French Phrasebook & Dictionary (Lonely Planet Phrasebook: French)