4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide
The tips on the Uffizzi were great and we worked our way around the highlights of Florence with the pull out map in hand. Pre booking everything in Florence seems necessary if you want to avoid queuing for four hours to get in.
Published 10 months ago by Sharron

3.0 out of 5 stars Sketchy info and not too well researched
Published 8 months ago by Ms N. Faure

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Sketchy info and not too well researched, 10 Jun. 2014
Ms N. Faure - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonely Planet Florence & Tuscany (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Have ONLY used the book so far for Pisa and Lucca and surrounding area but found that the information given especially on Lucca was very poor. I know there is a huge area to cover but knowing this part of Italy quite well myself was hoping for some unusual recommendations .Thankfully our Italian hosts pointed us in the right direction for eating and drinking . One particularly weird recommendation was a "artisan toy shop " in the Anfiteatro . Horrible mass produced place with overpriced goods that could be found anywhere there were tourists .
Pisa was given better treatment but sorry to say I won't be buying any more of these guides .The French Guide Routard is more thorough and imaginative.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide, 14 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and accurate., 27 Nov. 2014
Well organised, detailed book which was very well used during my recent trip to Tuscany.
Information current and accurate.
I used the accommodation information to plan my hotel bookings and wasn't disappointed.
My only slight gripe is that there are numerous warning about crowds and advice to pre-book information with regards to the popular attractions (Uffizi Gallery, Leaning Tower). As I travelled in November, this wasn't the case and could have saved a few bob by not pre-booking. But I imagine it would be a different story in the summer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great guide book, 29 May 2014
We used this book for a trip to Lucca and Florence and visited some places we haven't found in other guide books. Recommended restaurants were all great. We had a day out by bus recommended in the book and a great morning walk around Florence which introduced us to some less known places which we enjoyed more than the bigger attractions. Definitely a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 16 Sept. 2014
I can never fault the lonely planet guidebooks. Easy to read and includes a brilliant detachable map of Florence.
It is a shame that Florence couldn't have been it's own volume of the series, as the book is rather thick and consequently quite heavy... but all the same, it does the job and gives the best and most up-to-date advice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but not in isolation, 6 Aug. 2014
Timings for some locations are over estimated. Prices are inaccurate sometimes by over 100% (uffizi). However if you use this book as a broad guide to locations and compare against other sources (trip advisor) you won't go far wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel guides, 29 Aug. 2014
The Lonely Planet Travel Guides are now better than ever. Excellent layout and content. My favourite travel guides. I have used this specific one to plan all my travels in Tuscany. Great!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 25 May 2014
Provides all the information a first time visitor needs. Promptly delivered. The map provided is useful but makes you look like a tourist.

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems a bit focused on the things the two writers ..., 9 Oct. 2014
Seems a bit focused on the things the two writers foun interesting themselves, ie mostly wine and art. That's ok but not my interests.

4.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable guide to this wonderful region of Italy, 29 Nov. 2014
A reasonable guide to this wonderful region of Italy. Some good points with useful tips and will come in useful again next year.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Lonely Planet Florence & Tuscany (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Florence & Tuscany (Travel Guide) by Nicola Williams (Paperback - 17 Jan. 2014)