Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 January 2014
I only gave this three stars because I found one better (the DK eyewitness travel). Had I have not found this I would give it 5 stars. The thing the other had that this didn't was maps showing where each place was in relation the the rest of china and within the area of china. It also had more about the general culture and history of china as well as the nature etc. which I personally loved. The lonely planet guide is more a book of places to see and hotels to stay in, it kind of lacks a wider context and sense of direction. Still great though and will probably be very useful when I am actually IN China and searching for a hotel!!
on 9 February 2014
Bought the kindle version. It has little information about the sites one can visit. Difficult to navigate it while travelling (a book would be much more practical).
Missing: information about cities and sites that could be relevant (eg.: Kunming and the Stone Forest).
Good: information that can help you about how to get to different places and the costs.
on 28 October 2013
We are planning a trip to china and this is the only book we have used so far. It has lots of great info, is easy to read and has plenty of pictures to inspire you. It looks as if it would be a good choice to take away with us to.
on 11 December 2015
great guide. very useful with lots of tips and pictures. very accurate. was very useful for my adventure trip to china. great advise on how to get to the great wall and which parts to avoid. truly recommend it.
on 16 June 2015
An excellent book for my trip to China. It's not too heavy to take with me and has been great to look at before my trip. I'm sure it will be useful when I'm away.
on 23 February 2014
Loads of information on china! Well worth the money! Tells you where to stay where to eat and what places you should see.
on 14 August 2014