4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!
A very helpful guide! Especially in places that aren't very well sign posted! My mum and I found it really helped us to enjoy the ruins around the Roman forum and understand the paintings in the Sistine chapel.
Published 5 months ago by Fearon

Lots of information on opening times and ticket information is missing from the guide, which lead to a number of abortaive trips.
Published 6 months ago by A Coppin

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, 25 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i needed, 13 Jun 2014
K. Collins "kelly" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonely Planet Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
bought to plan a trip, perfect for planning..... will see how accurate it was when we go this summer to rome

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
This book has really made me excited for my trip. It comes with ideas on everything, from where to eat to tips on getting along in Rome. As this will be my first visit I found the book very helpful in planning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely guide, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
This guide was really useful in planning our vacation. It saved us hours and hours of waiting with its tips and helped us find reasonably priced places to eat, which are hard to find in Rome. Would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential holiday reading, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
comprehensive guide book. very well written. the city maps were great. glad i bought it and i will deffinately use this brand again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, would recommend, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Perfect for first trip to Rome, got loads of tips on everything I could of asked for tips on. Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful Travel Guide, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
We needed a travel guide for our 3 day stay in Rome and this proved to be perfect. We found the layout was clear and easy to use. It provided just the right amount of detail and the information provided was accurate and up to date. The pull out map in the back was also easy to follow. The book is a bit too big to put in a pocket but not too heavy to carry round in a bag. We were very pleased with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Many local bits of unsefull information is missing from this guide, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for planning - a bit bulky to carry around with us!, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
We bought this book specifically for planning a trip to Rome. Having seen the number of pages and the dimensions we knew that the book was bulky so it wasn't a surprise when it arrived.

As Rome is a city that you will explore mainly on foot, traveling light is important. I would highly recommend this book to give you all the background on planning your visit - things like opening times of sites and museums, information on buying tickets and passes, overviews of the areas of Rome, places to eat, shop, traveling from point A to B. You will probably leave this at your accommodation in the day and use either a pocket book (I've not seen the Lonely Planet pocket guide but they are usually OK) or one of the many free maps and leaflets that you can pick-up at the airport and around the city.

I enjoyed the quick summaries of the history and culture of Rome, it is a good pointer for further reading. I would definitely recommend this book for planning a trip to Rome - there is a lot to cram-in in this amazing city and the Lonely Planet Rome helps you get a good orientation before you even get there. If you've used LP books before and found them useful then you will have no problems with this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 July 2014
Brilliant. Very useful and helpful

Lonely Planet Rome (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Rome (Travel Guide) by Abigail Blasi (Paperback - 15 Nov 2013)
10.49