My work involves visiting the world's major shipwrecks. Whilst I may not be looking for those major tourist attractions which are always found in the places I visit, I do have need of local information which tells me where I can stay and eat and so forth. Consequently, I am often found seeking the same information in some out-of-the-way port as any other visitor...
Published 17 months ago by Ned Middleton

3.0 out of 5 stars More or less fine
I was expetecting more details of a guide Lonely Planet.This is good for a quick guide nothing more.
Sincerely do not recomend if you are expecting some like an original Lonely Planet Guide with very hopelly and detailed information.
Published 17 months ago by Ricardo Jorge Santos Tavares

4.0 out of 5 stars I may not be headed for the Louvre but I do need other information., 20 Nov. 2013
Ned Middleton (British professional underwater photo-journalist & author) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lonely Planet Discover France (Travel Guide) (Paperback)

Over many years I have consulted a great many books which claim to be visitor guides. Because I have neither the time nor the patience for false, misleading, out-of-date or simply inaccurate information, most of those so-called guides have ended up in the bin. This is not so with the Lonely Planet country guides and this one is as good as they get.

In short; Thoroughly recommended. Just make certain you purchase the latest edition.

NM

3.0 out of 5 stars More or less fine, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Discover France (Travel Guide) (Paperback)

Lonely Planet Discover France (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Discover France (Travel Guide) by Catherine Le Nevez (Paperback - 17 May 2013)